“Great place for a weekend getaway”

Village Inn and Pub
Statesboro, Georgia
“Great place for a weekend getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here this past weekend and had a great time. The room was very accommodating, the staff was very helpful, and the bartender, RB, made great recommendations for dinner (he also makes a good drink). I'll definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank coltf45

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
gainesville, ga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Village and Pub is one super INN. The whole staff is wonderful and work very hard to keep this place clean and enjoyable. The breakfast was very good and the coffee was great. The court yard was very nice and quiet. We had a super time and the weather was very mild and we were able to take several walks on the pier and beach. Just a super time in a very nice INN and PUB with great company. WILL BE BACK. THANKS, oakwoodmoby

Room Tip: rooms on back side maybe less noisy away from Mallery St.
Augusta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

I absolutely love this place! The rooms are exquisitely decorated and clean, and the property is within walking distance of great restaurant, shops and the Saint Simons Pier! Will definitely stay here whenever I'm in Saint Simons! The only thing I would change is referring to it as a B&B. With only a continental breakfast served each morning I believe this is a stretch. I chose to walk down to the Mallery Street Cafe for something a little more substantial but it's nice to know that breakfast was available should I need it

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Madison, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

This boutique hotel is a gem. The location - just a short walk to great shops and restaurants - is very convenient, yet surprisingly quiet. Our room, which overlooked the pool, was lovely and clean. I was impressed with the great condition of the exterior buildings and grounds as well. The pub is a favorite of hotel guests as well as Saint Simon's Island locals. Can't wait to return!

1 Thank Cheryl C
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

I arrived with a pounding headache from a long drive and got the kindest possible service and the last available room. My daughter-in-law loves St. Simons and suggested I try this place -- excellent choice. The staff was SO nice -- showed me how to get to the room and to parking, pointed out how to walk into the main part of the village (which is right there, very convenient), and later helped me with MapQuest directions for the next day. My room was small but very comfortable. Chocolates on the pillow! There was a happy hour in the evening and a nice breakfast the next morning in the cozy house that serves as the business office and lobby. But for me the best thing was this: I accidentially left an envelope I had meant to take with me to my accountant, filled with sensitive tax information. I didn't discover it missing until the next day and wasn't sure if it had been stolen or thrown out, but I was expecting the worst. Not so! Amazingly, the envelope had been turned in, and the staff sent it back to me. I am SO grateful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Travelerfromsc_2010
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

My mother and I were on our way to Florida for a wedding and we stumbled on this little hotel on the most quaint island. We had the BEST experience. From the customer service all the way to the toilet paper, everything was fabulous! Honestly we didn't want to leave. DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE, and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
West Lafayette
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

We have been to St. Simons several times and had never found this little inn. We're so glad we found it for this trip and we're sure to come back. Location is excellent; the village and the pier are within walking distance. We stayed in a king deluxe room which was truly deluxe. It was spacious, comfortable, well decorated, and so relaxing. We has a couple of cool days so we were happy to have our comfy room to "hang out" in. There was a cozy fire in the pub/inn lobby where guests could relax, too. There was a continental breakfast in the morning which was adequate....... one could toast bagels, muffins, etc. and could make waffles. There was cereal and fruit, juice and coffee. A nice touch for coffee drinkers is that coffee is available all day. There was entertainment in the pub on Thursday evening; surprisingly the noise was not too troubling. This is a nice little inn on a wonderful island. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: King deluxe is wonderful!
1 Thank CARWestLaf