“Beautiful St.Simons Island”

Village Inn and Pub
Monroe Geortgia
“Beautiful St.Simons Island”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

After being kinda invaded(robbed) at hotel in Brunswick,we found this place refreshing.The beds awesome,room clean.Walk in Shower and Hot tub,didnt work,sorry i forgot to tell them.Its also right there at everything.TY for a wonderful night,I will be back.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Florida
Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband and I recently spent a long weekend at the Village Inn and Pub. We loved how close the Inn is to shops,restaurants and the pier. We had an excellent dinner at the Georgia Sea Grill and an awesome lunch at Southern Soul Barbecue. We also liked Mullet Bay for their clam chowder and shrimp po'boy. The continental breakfast at the inn is good, but if you would like to have a heartier breakfast, the 4 th of May and Mallery Street Cafe are good. There is a cute store for pet supplies next to the cafe and there is a Dairy Queen across from the Inn. Something for everyone! We did not get to enjoy the pub at the Inn, but it sounded like they had good entertainment. Our room was close to the pub, but it was not noisy. We enjoyed our stay on St. Simeon's Island and recommend this Inn.

1 Thank ICutuP
Statesboro, Georgia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed here this past weekend and had a great time. The room was very accommodating, the staff was very helpful, and the bartender, RB, made great recommendations for dinner (he also makes a good drink). I'll definitely stay again.

1 Thank coltf45
gainesville, ga
Reviewed 6 March 2014

The Village and Pub is one super INN. The whole staff is wonderful and work very hard to keep this place clean and enjoyable. The breakfast was very good and the coffee was great. The court yard was very nice and quiet. We had a super time and the weather was very mild and we were able to take several walks on the pier and beach. Just a super time in a very nice INN and PUB with great company. WILL BE BACK. THANKS, oakwoodmoby

Room Tip: rooms on back side maybe less noisy away from Mallery St.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Augusta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I absolutely love this place! The rooms are exquisitely decorated and clean, and the property is within walking distance of great restaurant, shops and the Saint Simons Pier! Will definitely stay here whenever I'm in Saint Simons! The only thing I would change is referring to it as a B&B. With only a continental breakfast served each morning I believe this is a stretch. I chose to walk down to the Mallery Street Cafe for something a little more substantial but it's nice to know that breakfast was available should I need it

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Madison, Georgia
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This boutique hotel is a gem. The location - just a short walk to great shops and restaurants - is very convenient, yet surprisingly quiet. Our room, which overlooked the pool, was lovely and clean. I was impressed with the great condition of the exterior buildings and grounds as well. The pub is a favorite of hotel guests as well as Saint Simon's Island locals. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cheryl C
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I arrived with a pounding headache from a long drive and got the kindest possible service and the last available room. My daughter-in-law loves St. Simons and suggested I try this place -- excellent choice. The staff was SO nice -- showed me how to get to the room and to parking, pointed out how to walk into the main part of the village (which is right there, very convenient), and later helped me with MapQuest directions for the next day. My room was small but very comfortable. Chocolates on the pillow! There was a happy hour in the evening and a nice breakfast the next morning in the cozy house that serves as the business office and lobby. But for me the best thing was this: I accidentially left an envelope I had meant to take with me to my accountant, filled with sensitive tax information. I didn't discover it missing until the next day and wasn't sure if it had been stolen or thrown out, but I was expecting the worst. Not so! Amazingly, the envelope had been turned in, and the staff sent it back to me. I am SO grateful.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo