“Very nice”

The Lodge at Sea Island
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed here in February when they were not very busy. We were upgraded, and the room was spacious, lovely and clean. Their rainhead showers are unbelievable - best pressure we've ever had! Even though they were not busy, the one casual restaurant/lounge filled quickly, did not take reservations, so you had to wait. Food there was very good and they adjusted dietary items as requested. At breakfast we were one day the only ones present and at most 2 other tables were filled. Service there was uneven and buffet items were limited, or they ran out. I felt it was a very nice place to stay for a rest (or golf) during their off season. If the hotel was full, I think the restaurants would have a problem keeping up.

Room Tip: We had room 2. It was beautiful and very quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peachyviews

Reviewed 25 February 2013

We just took advantage of their fantastic deal of 2 rounds of golf and 2 nights at the Lodge.$750 for two people!
Beautiful room with Ocean views fantastic golf on The Seaside and Plantation courses.Both very enjoyable. A caddie was very helpful for Seaside but not necessary on Plantation so glad we did without.
Plenty to do in the area from shopping to sightseeing. Very expensive to eat in the Lodge but there are plenty of local restaurants close by. We splurged at night but found inexpensive places for breakfast.
The staff were friendly and helpful. Cloisters is about 3 miles from The Lodge but they run a shuttle bus . Glad we stayed in the Lodge as both golf courses are right there.We also found it more intimate than Cloisters which is HUGE! Not really for young kids though as all the facilities,pool etc are at Cloisters.
We did a similar trip to Kiawah Island last year but preferred this resort as there is much more to do in the local area.Will definitely be returning for this deal next year!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My fiance planned my birthday on Sea Island as a weekend for just the two of us. We are locals so we wanted the experience, I guess you could say. We stayed at the Cloister that provides very lavish lodgings and service is exceptional. We took the shuttle to the Lodge for some views and supper to change things up a bit. We waited at the Oak Room door for 5-10 min and finally sat ourselves. Once at the table, another ten min went by and no "how are you this evening", "can I get you a glass of wine", or even a menu... this is Sea Island, the purported pinnacle of upscale service and history known worldwide.

Now I know this is probably the only negative review on this establishment, but when you already have over 3000$ on our tab for the weekend, you would think a little extra mile service would come into play. Like I said, we are locals, and I can get us better service, say at a huddle house. My fuse ran short because she wanted a nice weekend for the two of us, and we were totally let down by our own five star resort in our own back yard.

I can't speak on the Cloister enough though, as the stellar service and smiles are abundant!!!!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank joelcody
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I just wanted to give everyone a head's up that I will be reviewing a property, that if you are like me would be a place you could never afford. However, once a year, my two sons, a son-in-law and I travel to a golf resort to play 72 holes in two days. We have been to Scottsdale, AZ, Austin, TX, Las Vegas, NV and now Sea Island, GA.

I will let you all know about the accommodations, food, the courses and more as soon as I return.

I gave The Lodge a five star rating just so I could post this. I will either leave at five start or lower the rating after my visit.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This newly renovated property has kept the charm and opulence of days gone by. Very spacious and extremely comfortable rooms With views, wonderful bath suites, exquisite bedding and impeccable staff. Take advantage of the many other island dining options and steer clear of the really sub par and pricey restaurant. Pretty awful.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Diana777
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

This is a great place. Wonderful service. Food was great and golf was too. I'd return here in a heartbeat.

Loved the person playing the bagpipes each evening by the ocean. We had fantastic service each evening in the restaurant as well. Such great southern charm throughout the facilities.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Tjwilson11
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We have been coming to Sea Island (The Lodge) for several years for New Years's. Each year we feel like we are back home. The Lodge is warm and friendly and everyone is so hospitable. The food at the restaurants is great and the golf is wonderful (so says my husband).

I go to the Spa and have taken classes in the fitness center.

Being at Sea Island is a great tradition.

Room Tip: We like Rooms 3 and 29. Great views of Hole 18 of Plantation course and bay.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
The Cloister at Sea Island
The Cloister at Sea Island
#1 of 1 in Sea Island
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
The King and Prince Beach and Go...
#3 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Inn at Sea Island
The Inn at Sea Island
#6 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to The Lodge at Sea Island? Share your experiences!