“Great Stay”

The Lodge at Sea Island
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great Stay”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I just completed our third stay and each time it gets better. People really make you feel at home and they want you to return. Golf, tennis and food all excellent. Mike and Michael in Colt & Allison Resturant, Donna a concierge, James and Ashley in the Lodge bar, Chris on the piano, and our caddy Mike all are great and helpful people. Can not wait to go back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RRiess, General Manager at The Lodge at Sea Island, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for being a recent guest at The Lodge at Sea Island. I look forward to sharing your warm compliments with the staff. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Sea Island as a return guest and hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We just returned from a weekend here with three other couples. ( A golf foursome celebrating birthdays) Everything was perfect. Frank Badger ( AKA "James") made us feel like old friends, remembering all our names and what we like to drink. I enjoyed the afternoon tea service sitting by the fireplace and the milk & cookies delivered to our room at bedtime. I loved sitting in the Adirondack chairs listening to the bagpiper in the warm afternoon light.
I never saw it, but apparently the men's locker room is heaven on Earth; steam room, card tables, hot chili and a full bar. We were lucky to see our husbands at all!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
RRiess, General Manager at The Lodge at Sea Island, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and sharing your recent stay experience at The Lodge at Sea Island. I truly appreciate your warm compliments and look forward to sharing them with the team. I hope to welcome you and your friends back to Sea Island soon. Please contact me directly if I may be of assistance.
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was our 6th straight Vanentines Weekend at the Lodge. As always everything was fabulous. The lodge is truly top notch and deserves 6 stars in every catagory. It's Not cheap but it is well worth the cost.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevin S S
RRiess, General Manager at The Lodge at Sea Island, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for being a loyal guest at The Lodge at Sea Island! We strive to offer our guests extraordinary experiences that are worthy of sharing with friends and family. I look forward to welcoming you back to Sea Island soon.
chicago, ill
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I'd be hard pressed to find one thing that wasn't fabulous. How about ladies being offered the option of a black napkin at breakfast (saves them the lipstick stains). Wow!!! They have thought of everything. Breakfast buffet and menu options were great, dinner memorable, the rooms with a different assortment of cookies every night and beautiful sunset views. Check in with our own personnel attendant waiting for us at the front door. Cloud beds that you melted into. I guess I could go on and on but it was a splendid couple of days and we have already said we'd go back again. Worth the money spent.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Fort St John
Reviewed 15 January 2014

If you want elegance and the highest calibre of service in a very charming architectural environment, come to the Lodge at Sea Island. My wife and I had a beautiful room with a huge patio with a stunning view. Golfing was world-class, all our meals were excellent, and the two-day stay could not have been more delightful. We definitely will return!!

Room Tip: ask for a second floor room with one of the large roof patios
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Very little to add to the other positive reviews--agree with all. But to make the Lodge even better, they could have better (more) lighting, especially in the bathroom.

If you have never been to Sea Island, you should. Maybe a little hard to get to, but beautiful.

Spectacular in every way.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Lee, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 January 2014

My husband and I have been coming to SI for many years for New Years. He loves to golf and I go to the spa, read or fitness center. So relaxing and everyone is so pleasant. The Lodge is so homey and we love the cookies and milk!

Room Tip: We love Room 3 which overlooks the 18th hole at Plantation.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#6 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to The Lodge at Sea Island? Share your experiences!