“10th Anniversary Extravagnza”

The Lodge at Sea Island
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We celebrated our 10th anniversary at the Lodge at Sea Island and had a completely amazing trip. From our arrival, as we were greeted by our butler, Jim, and shown to our complimentary upgraded suite of rooms, to our round of golf at the Retreat, spa treatments at the Cloister and dining experiences at Tavola and The Georgian Room, we felt like the only guests at the place. We cannot praise the staff enough -- everyone from our van drivers to golf caddies to poolside waitstaff and spa technicians, was unbelievable pleasant, proactive and clearly happy to be working at the resort. In fact, since I work in human resources I was curious about the process to get a job there and each person who answered let me know the interview schedule was rigorous and in some cases, it took years for a position to open. It's a wonderful place staffed with wonderful people -- go!

1  Thank Lisa C

Reviewed 1 July 2014

You're spoiled from the time you check in until you check out. Whether you stay here because of golf or just because you want an ocean view, The Lodge will not disappoint you. We celebrated our anniversary here and our room was well appointed and it was so nice knowing we had the assistance of a butler to help with dinner reservations or other concerige-like requests.
We played golf and it was so nice being able to walk downstairs to the clubhouse and then out to Golf Academy and/or excellent driving range, putting green, or chip/pitch area.
Each room is luxurious with turn down service and all the amenities of a 5-star resort. There is a high end restaurant (Colt & Alison) which is very good but extremely expensive and they have the casual bar/restaurant (Oak Room) which is excellent.
There's a shuttle that runs every 30 mins to take you to The Cloister for Spa, Fitness Center, and/or the beach.
Great views of the ocean and views of the golf course make this hotel a must stay resort. We plan on returning and highly recommend this resort!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShermanSUV
Reviewed 27 June 2014

For our 45th wedding anniversary we splurged and went to Sea Island. My wife went to the spa and I went to golf school. I heard the spa was perfect and I had an incredible experience at the golf school with my instructor Victor deSola. On my second day I had a club fitting with Curtis Leggett which was very helpful and ordered some new clubs. Curtis also adjusted my putter and it has been awesome ever sence.

Now about the food and service at the Lodge...Unbelievable! We have never had better service and food. All of the staff new us by name and "every" dish in both restaurants was superb.

We definitely will be back!

Room Tip: If you are not into kids and noise stay at the golf lodge.
3  Thank tomoc31
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here recently for a short golf get-away. Everything about the Lodge is plush, posh, and comfortable, with a quiet gentility about it. The staff - housekeeping, valets, concierge, restaurant servers - is absolutely top-notch, as well as extremely friendly.
The building has an old-world, clubby feel to it, even though it was just built in 2001. Its location across from Jekyll Island has beautiful water views, which can be enjoyed from the in-house restaurants as well as from an expansive verandah along the back.
Our large king room on the second floor overlooked the golf course and water. There was plenty of room for our golf shoes and other golf gear; the bed was very comfy. Like many hotels these days, lighting was dimmer than I like, especially in the bathroom. Luckily, a wall-mounted lighted mirror made applying make-up an easy task. The bathroom was quite large, with a big walk-in shower, separate tub, marble floors and counter, and two sinks.
The room opened on to a small balcony with 2 chairs and side table for enjoying the fresh air and view.
We are glad we stayed here rather than over at the Cloisters - much more intimate and quiet, yet in no way stuffy.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the second floor, overlooking the golf course and water.
1  Thank CBW47
RRiess, General Manager at The Lodge at Sea Island, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for choosing The Lodge for your recent golf getaway! I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your visit and am very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The Lodge is a charming piece of elegance with magnificent views and beautifully appointed rooms. Every part of the hotel and grounds are pristine. The rooms are spacious and gorgeous. We stayed in a suite that had two beautiful bathrooms, spacious hanging storage, a comfortable bed with luxurious pillows, a large sitting room with a dining area, and an outdoor seating area where we could listen to the bagpipes serenade us in the evening.

If you are searching for high-end comfort with golf but no pool or tennis on grounds, this is the destination for you. Quiet perfection!

1  Thank A T
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have been here before and as usual the ambience was great. The golf courses and facilities are excellent. We had a couple of great rounds and then spent very pleasant times chilling in the clubhouse afterwards. Our room was superb with the shower probably the best we have had. Of the restaurants the casual dining room and bar are a great place to be with a wonderful country club vibe. I took my son (14) to the fine dining an expensive place to be but an experience that he loved.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ADRUK
RRiess, General Manager at The Lodge at Sea Island, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for being a recent guest at The Lodge at Sea Island and for taking the time to write regarding your experience. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My wife and I just completed our third stay and each time it gets better. People really make you feel at home and they want you to return. Golf, tennis and food all excellent. Mike and Michael in Colt & Allison Resturant, Donna a concierge, James and Ashley in the Lodge bar, Chris on the piano, and our caddy Mike all are great and helpful people. Can not wait to go back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
RRiess, General Manager at The Lodge at Sea Island, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you for being a recent guest at The Lodge at Sea Island. I look forward to sharing your warm compliments with the staff. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty to Sea Island as a return guest and hope to welcome you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Simons Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
The Westin Jekyll Island
#2 of 9 in Jekyll Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
The Cloister at Sea Island
The Cloister at Sea Island
#1 of 1 in Sea Island
The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort
The King and Prince Beach and Go...
#3 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to The Lodge at Sea Island? Share your experiences!