“Pass”

Cuisines: Japanese
Brunswick, Georgia
“Pass”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I had heard Osaka was inconsistent with service and food quality, and my experience was definitely one that will keep me away. We went there on a Thursday night, with a party numbering 8 people. We had made reservations in advance, so management should have known to expect us. We had to wait to be seated until everyone was present, which was uncomfortable since there isn't a waiting area to accomodate more than 4 people. Once we were seated, it took about 20 minutes to even get a waitress to take drink orders and then another 10-15 to get our drinks. One guest ordered a beer that didn't arrive and after serving everyone but that person, the waitress said she was waiting on the beer to chill but she'd be happy to bring one out anyway. At this time, there were two other tables occupied, and only one person at the sushi bar. The waitress seemed to be either inexperienced or tired or just not on her game that night. About 30 minutes after sorting out the drinks, she came back to take dinner orders. About 20 minutes after that, one seaweed salad came out, but no other salads or appetizers. Finally the salads arrived with the Chef who proceeded to throw things around in atttempt to entertain. During the show the waitress approached me telling me they had lost my sushi order....really? An entire 8 x 11 sheet of paper? So I reordered. After all the food had been served to everyone else at the table, my sushi finally arrived. Each and every piece filled with rotten avocado. Seriously. Could the waitress have noticed and not brought it out? Was the sushi chef so uncaring or untrained that he didn't know the avocado was blackened and rotten? I had to go to the bar to get the waitress to tell her what was wrong. She came and took the plate away, and shortly the manager (owner?) came over to offer a new order with a fresh avocado. Since everyone was nearly done eating and I was very reluctant to eat any fish after seeing the avocado, I declined.
This is one restaurant I'll pass up the next time we plan a get together.

• Visited April 2013