“Amazing morning”

Kingfisher Paddleventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We offer stand-up paddleboard (SUP) rentals, kayak rentals, lessons, and ecotours on St Simons Island, Jekyll Island, and the rest of the Golden Isles! We meet rental customers wherever they request, and our ecotours begin and end on the beach or other public access points. The details of each tour vary, depending on the tides and seasonal conditions, so we contact each customer to verify meeting places and times. Kingfisher Paddleventures prides itself on the quality of its service, and we take the time to ensure that your experience becomes a cherished memory. We never over-book excursions, we always think of your safety, and we strive to provide the best service available. We look forward to taking you out on the water! See ya soon!
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Recently I took my daughter stand up paddle surfing with John at SSI SUP. We had never done it before and he could not have made it easier. John was amazing with my 8 year old daughter as he encouraged her to keep paddling into the waves for more. His patience, guidance, and enthusiasm was incredible and my daughter and I are both hooked! We would highly recommend SSI SUP to anyone (and any experience level) that is in search of a great time - either in the surf or touring through the marsh.

1  Thank Stephen W
"marsh"
"adventure"
"simons"

Reviewed 17 July 2013

When we found out that the kayak guide we had out in Laguna Beach CA last year had opened a SUP Board Rental Place on SSI we knew we had to get in touch with him. Jon is a great guy running a great new business on the Island. We rented a board from him for 1/2 a day, he delivered it, gave us a little run down on best place to SUP and then came back and picked it up. Now that is EXCELLENT customer service!!!
Next trip we wil try a tour with him...go to www.SSISUP.com and check them out, you will not be dissapointed, ask for Jon and he will take care of you!
Jen and Mike H

2  Thank Jen H
Reviewed 23 June 2013

Repeat customer through and through! John brings a surreal view of St. Simon's Island and he's one heck of a conversationalist. Not to be stereotypical but, who would've ever thought this "surfer dude" can hold his own on topics beyond the environment. To you I say GO DAWGS, but my heart is forever with VA TECH HOOKIES!!!!! HAhaha! Never a dull moment...thanks for the experience and comfortable ride.

1  Thank Trentation
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Recently took my girlfriend to St Simons Island in GA on a paddleboarding excursion, prettty cool experience. John, our guide, was super knowledgeable about the area's wildlife and historal relevance which made the trip quite exciting. Paddleboarding through the estuaries and tidal flats we encountered an array of wildlife from small bonnethead sharks, redfish, to the elusive diamonback terrapin turtle. Really a fun way to spend an afternoon in St Simons, highly recommend it.

1  Thank William W
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 May 2013

SSI is a quiet and peaceful little island. It's easy to understand why teenagers can convince themselves that their bored by the 5th day of a family vacation. When my son said he was "bored out of his mind" the word bored stood out and a lightbulb went off. I thought what better way to embrace the peace and serenity of the island than to submerge yourself in it. So I hunted for the best deal on the island (cause I hate paying more then I have to) and found SSI sup. After talking to John I decided to take the entire family on a local paddle board excursion. I honestly dont know who enjoyed themselves more, The wife and I, our two kids, or John our guide. It was the best sunset spent of our entire vacation. Thanks John, because of you my wife enjoyed the "workout" so much I've been given the go ahead to purchase two paddle boards of our own for our lake house. And the funny thing is that as cheap as I can sometimes be, I will be happy to give my money to SSI sup to purchase my own two slivers of paradise (boards).

1  Thank PerfectPizzaSeeker