“Best restaurant on St Simons by a long way”
Review of Delaney's Bistro

Delaney's Bistro
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fine Regional Restaurant Serving Fresh Local Seafood, Game And Traditional Favorites.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Let's be clear - our group is tricky to feed. Out of 8 people, 1 was vegan, 2 vegetarian (one of which doesn't eat mushrooms) and the rest were just plain fussy (apart from one or two). We booked ahead, and the chef prepared special dishes for those with moral issues regarding food and for those whom the sight of mushrooms turns the stomach. This was all approached with no dramas, and the food was excellent. The wine list was the best I saw in Georgia full stop. The food for us normal people was a massive cut above anything else we encountered on SSI, and the vegan/veggie contingent maintained it was the best food they had eaten in the states (apart from a specialist vegan restaurant in NY, but that's a different kettle of fish). Well done Delaney's - you pleased a difficult bunch of people!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I can't tell you how taken I am with this restaurant, I will be going there every time I visit Saint Simons. The service was phenomenal, and the food was out of this world. I recommend the ostrich. I couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Hands down- one of the best SSI has to offer. I am a local to SSI and this is our go-to place when guests are in town. Excellent service and worth every penny! Perfect for a date night or a group night out, very intimate atmosphere, and excellent food. You can't go wrong ordering anything from their specials of the evening!!

2  Thank Haley H
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The atmosphere was intimate and the food was impeccable. The menu items were "out of the box" recipes to old favorites which kept you wanting more. Great place for great occasion.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband took me here as part of a romantic getaway weekend. He made a reservation, which was probably necessary because they fill up fast. This is an excellent fine dining restaurant. It has nightly specials which aren't listed on the menu that your waiter will let you know about. Our waiter did a great job explaining the specials and answering any questions we had.

After we ordered our food, they served us hot crusty rolls, they were delicious right out of the oven. Our appetizers were brought out, my husband ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp and I ordered the baked goat cheese. Both were very good. After appetizers our waiter brought us a simple green salad, also good. For the main course my husband tried the antelope chops and I had a filet of beef with truffle oil butter. The antelope was good, leaner than beef, a slight game flavor and cooked as requested. My steak however, was the best I have ever had in my life. It was cooked to perfection with a delicious crust on it. Melt in your mouth. We both thought it was one of the best ever. For desert we ordered the chocolate bourbon pie and pistachio. My husband really enjoyed the pistachio pie, it was just ok to me. The bourbon pie on the other hand was delicious, warm and crunchy, oozing with chocolate and a homemade crust...so good!!

From start to finish our experience was great at Delaney's. We had a great server, he didn't hover, yet he seemed to appear every time my wine glass was getting low to refill it from the chilled bottle. Fantastic service, food, and ambiance. It is pricey, we spent over $250 with tip included. But we got a bottle of wine, two cocktails, two appetizers, two entrees, and two deserts. But it was well worth it for a great date night. We spent about two hours here and left very happy.