The Lodge on Little St. Simons Island
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Best Western Plus St. Simons(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$132
Holiday Inn Express St. Simon's Island(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$167
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$212
Ocean Lodge(Saint Simons Island)
US$210
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
US$183
The Inn at Sea Island(Saint Simons Island)
US$226
US$221
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island(Saint Simons Island)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$170
Hotwire.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Ocean Inn and Suites(Saint Simons Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbug spraybird watchingorganic gardenhelen housecocktail hourcedar housenature loversbeach combingflora and faunaunique placeshore birdsnatural beautythree meals a daybaby turtlesfishing gearall inclusive vacationsocial hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 August 2006

A visit to Little St. Simons Island is the most relaxing
vacation we have had. There are so many things to do:
horseback riding, fishing, boating, hiking, biking, swimming
and just relaxing and enjoying nature. The chef prepared
the most wonderful meals. Since everything is included,
you don't have to bother with paying for every little thing.
The naturalist are very knowledgeable so not only it is
a wonderful place to get away to; you also learn a lot.
We have been twice and are already planning a return trip.

7  Thank newgagirl
Reviewed 22 August 2006

Little St. Simons Island lodge, a private facility with a limited number of cabins and a nice swimming pool, is accessible by the "lodge" boat from St. Simons Island, Ga, where free parking for your car is provided. Daily rates cover three meals a day(with wine if desired), an evening cocktail hour, soda and/or beer anytime, transportation, all activities on the island (nature trails, birdwatch, horseback riding, turtle walk, etc), even insect repellant (if needed). Their staff is knowledgeable about the environment, and they give attention to details to enhance the comfort of patrons. The beach is large and unoccupied, and umbrellas and chairs are provided, The accomodations and food preparation are above average. This was our second trip, and a bottle of cold champaign awaited our arrival in our cabin. We expect to return in the future. CEB

6  Thank Doc85
Reviewed 19 August 2006

This is a belated review of one of the best holidays my son and I have enjoyed together. It was a few years ago. At the time he was 10, and I was looking for something to do together that would be interesting and unique. Little St. Simons Island more than met my expectations. It was like camp for mother and son, but with the comforts and ease I wanted as a solo parent on holiday - meaning good food, good service, a good bed and a good room. We stayed four nights.

From the time we arrived at the check-in dock and got transported to the island by small boat I could see in my son's eyes that he was excited by the adventure. We're big city people, and here we were skimming through open water and marsh to a remote island!

It was rustic in the most charming way. It felt like what it is - a family retreat made available to the outside world from time to time. We were given the "Michael" cottage. Right away we got bicycles and pedaled the two miles to the beach, and saw alligators along the way (safely off the road in a canal). We knew we weren't in the routine world anymore. The beach is glorious. Miles and miles of of beautiful flat sand, shallow surf, huge shells, all kinds of birds - and no people. The sand was packed enough that we could ride our bikes along the beach. One day a naturalist went with us and told my son all about the titdal pools and the birds. He still remembers what he learned.

We went on a couple of the group tours and they were fun, friendly, interesting. Yes, we were thrown together with other guests on the island (I think there were 12-14 of us in all this particular week), and everyone was a good sport, and everyone was nice to my son, who was the youngest. It was helpful for us as a mother/son to be included in groups, especially at meals. Family style really worked for us, especially when the owner showed up for a couple of days and taught everyone card games and told fascinating family stories about the history of the island, and then took a group on a surf-casting fishing excursion the next morning. This made it a hotel stay like no other.

There was a full moon pick-up truck tour one night. Wow. There were canoe trips where we had dolphins surface only yards off to starboard. We learned about foliage and fauna and the cycle of island life. The cocktail hour is a must, because the food is good, the drinks aplenty and of high quality, and all the guests come together in a convivial way to share stories of their day. Did I mention the cookies always available in a jar in the dining room? Or the bountiful breakfasts? Or the picnic lunches?

I'm writing this because my son is now a teenager and we were recalling some of our greatest trips - and we travel everywhere, and well - and Little St. Simons Island came in first. We laughed as we recalled the mosquitoes were at their worst, but we didn't mind and don't really remember them. We remember the privacy, the wide open spaces, the nature, the alligators, the food, the people, the incredible beach and the adventure.

We look forward to returning. I wish I had the money to take all our closest friends. I recommend it over and and over to families.

• Stayed: March 2002, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
8  Thank RoadTripper3000
Reviewed 19 June 2006

Thought initially the price might be too high when I booked, but WOW! Everything is included, I mean everything. Service is excellent, accomodations excellent, staff excellent. We lost track of time on this beautiful little island. Will definitely return.

6  Thank MrsDasch
Reviewed 30 May 2006

My husband, five month old son and I just returned from a five day vacation on Little St. Simon's Island and we had a fantasic time. The staff was excellent and always made every effort to accomodate our baby. We met wonderfully interesting people and had a great time on the hikes, boat rides and horseback rides. Several days we had seven miles of prisitne beach entirely to ourselves. We saw lots of wildlife - deer, snakes, alligator, rabbits, lots of birds -- and this was just walking around the island. The food was FABULOUS. The best we have had anywhere in the world, and they always remembered our dietary restrictions. I cannot say enough about the food, and the sentiments were echoed by all the guests. Great people, great atmosphere and the Bass Ale on tap with icy cold mugs in the fridge didn't hurt either. Highly recommend it!

Stayed: May 2006