“great "New Orleans" style cooking using fresh local ingredients”
Review of Blackwater Grill

Blackwater Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“great "New Orleans" style cooking using fresh local ingredients”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The amply serving of Wild Tybee shrimp were terrific grilled, and the collards (spicy) and the special potato were great, as was the cornbread. Crab cakes were the "can only eat one" size. Service was attentive, atmosphere pleasant. The quail was highly recommended, but we will save that for another time. I appreciate that they offer grilled and blackened, not just fried.... And they offerred a southern vegetable plate.

• Visited October 2013

Barboursville, West Virginia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

Expected more from reviews. Food was just ok, but pricy. Ordered a fettuccine dish and it was very bland. Nothing terrible with my visit, but I wouldn't go back.

• Visited September 2013
Reno, Nevada
“Great for groups!”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wedding rehearsal dinner was held here and the staff was awesome. We had a party of 30 people so the restaurant provided a private area for us. Food was good. I will return if in the area.

Visited September 2013
Wayzata, Minnesota
“Farewell Dinner in St. Simons”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We had a group of 12 here for a final dinner at the end of a family vacation. Overall, the atmosphere was nice but the food was better at Iguanas and Crabdaddys. The low country boil was lower on flavor. I would go back but maybe try other places first. *Please keep in mind that today I posted 17 reviews from everywhere memorable I ate this summer in Paris, Dublin, and St. Simons, GA. Before doing so, I put all the restaurants on a spreadsheet to make sure they were collectively average. For me, average is average and I would recommend eating a place I call average. I do it this way to make the best stand-out.

• Visited June 2013
Venice
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ABYSMAL EXPERIENCE!”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I don't know when the other reviewers visited this restaurant but my experience couldn't have been more opposite!
I am writing to express my extreme disappoint with the abysmal experience I had at this restaurant! I met my family members from NC in St. Simons to celebrate one of the members birthdays. I made reservations a week in advance of our visit, and I was very impressed with the fact that not only was my reservation on record, but our table was already set up despite the fact that we arrived 30 minutes early. That's where my being impressed stopped! It took our server 10 minutes to appear at our table to take our drink order and then another 10 - 15 minutes for our drinks (soft drinks and beer) to be delivered to our table, and, they weren't delivered all together! After the delivery of the drinks, we waited another 15 minutes for the server to take our order, then another 30 for it to be delivered, again, piece meal. All dinners were not served at once. When our food finally arrived, the temperature of it was tepid at best except for the pot boil. We tried to get our servers attention but it was to no avail. We were still waiting for her to return with extra napkins and our bread. So, we just proceeded to eat our by now cold meals! When the server finally returned to the table, she advised us that the bread wasn't done baking yet but that she'd bring it over asap. We told her that our meals were very disappointing and she just shrugged and walked away! Well, we were all done eating when she finally brought the French bread, the only part of the meal which was hot! So, in essence, we had French bread for dessert. I was extremely embarrassed in view of the fact that I had chosen this restaurant for the place to celebrate what should have been a happy time! I will never return to your restaurant again and will certainly tell everyone I know that Guy Fieri really missed the boat on this one!

• Visited September 2013