“Best meals on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackwater Grill

Blackwater Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary, American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Louisville, Kentucky
“Best meals on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

While we quickly ran up a $100 bill due to multiple drinks, the food here was the absolute best of any place we ate. I got the best Jambalaya I have ever had, and my wife was extremely happy with her food also. She also tried a cocktail special they call a Blackwater Honey, and she liked it so much that she has bought the ingredients back home so that she can duplicate. She describes it as drinking a flower, and I have to admit I liked it too, and I am almost exclusively a screwdriver drinker. For fine-dining, other than The Cloisters, this is the place.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank david52111

Mableton, Georgia
“Consistent and reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Blackwater remains my overall favorite place to eat at SSI. Pleasant, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Fresh fish and shrimp always good, some innovative sides usually available.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank konaya
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Don't waste your time & money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This should be at the bottom of the list on st simons island. Brunswick stew- not bad. Crab soup-try tomato without the crabs. Wedge salad- wedge of lettuce with two small slices of tomato & two cucumber slices. Jambalaya pasta-really a sad excuse. Fish- try star-kist tuna.There are plenty good restaurants around town.

• Visited July 2014
new york
“A must for dinner one night in SSI”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We were recommended to this place by others who have tried it. We did not have reservations but the waitress seated us by the door quickly.. Our appetizers were Fried Green Tomatoes and Blackwater Gumbo. Our entrees wee filet of grouper and Triple Tailfish. I have never tried triple tail but it was delicious. for dessert we had the Bread Pudding.. delicious well prepared food

• Visited June 2014
Brunswick, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT food, casual setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

A locals favorite! Guaranteed to always have a great meal! The complimentary appetizer is delicious! The Boudin fritters are my husbands favorite. They also have the best shrimp and grits on the island, trust me, I have tried them all !!! The service is always great, and they aim to please! If you would like your dish cooked differently, or your steak seasoned differently just let the waitress know! The chef will come out and talk to you and make your dish to order!!

• Visited June 2014