“Great filet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blackwater Grill

Blackwater Grill
Cuisines: Contemporary, American
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brunswick, Georgia
“Great filet!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Steak was cooked perfectly and you have to try the cheese spread with crackers. They also make great drinks here. Decor is a little run down and needs updating. It has never been packed any of the times I have gone. Kind of puzzling? I think there were less than 10 each of the four times I have been there.

Visited June 2014

Atlanta
“first time eating here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family and I came to St.Simons for the weekend. Our first night on the island we found the black water grill and decided to give it a try. When we arrived we had to wait about an hour because we didn't have a reservation. When we got seated the waitress was friendly and took our orders. We ordered the fried green tomatoes for our appetizer but for some reason our order had been given to someone else so they had to make us another and when we did get it, the plate only had 4 slices on it. I think they should out a little more on there, especially if there are more than 4 people. The crackers and cheese spread they give you are very good! I ordered the low boil and it was delicious. Everyone at the table ordered different entrees and they all loved the food. The manager did apologize about the appetizer mix up and took it off our bill. The hostess was also very friendly. I would recommend this restaurant but too make a reservation first.

Louisville, Kentucky
“Best meals on the island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

While we quickly ran up a $100 bill due to multiple drinks, the food here was the absolute best of any place we ate. I got the best Jambalaya I have ever had, and my wife was extremely happy with her food also. She also tried a cocktail special they call a Blackwater Honey, and she liked it so much that she has bought the ingredients back home so that she can duplicate. She describes it as drinking a flower, and I have to admit I liked it too, and I am almost exclusively a screwdriver drinker. For fine-dining, other than The Cloisters, this is the place.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank david52111
Mableton, Georgia
“Consistent and reliable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Blackwater remains my overall favorite place to eat at SSI. Pleasant, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Fresh fish and shrimp always good, some innovative sides usually available.

1 Thank konaya
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Don't waste your time & money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

This should be at the bottom of the list on st simons island. Brunswick stew- not bad. Crab soup-try tomato without the crabs. Wedge salad- wedge of lettuce with two small slices of tomato & two cucumber slices. Jambalaya pasta-really a sad excuse. Fish- try star-kist tuna.There are plenty good restaurants around town.