“Highly recommended!!!”

Ocean Inn and Suites
Conyers
“Highly recommended!!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We have stayed at the Ocean Inn and Suites for our family summer vacation the past 3 years and we are always impressed! It is a wonderful boutique style hotel with lovely rooms that are clean and spacious. The prices are reasonable and they even offer a special discount for return customers. On our recent visit we were pleasantly surprised when we checked in and found out we were provided with a free upgrade! We received a room with a view of the pool and the lighthouse, a balcony with chairs where you could sit and take in the ocean air, and a couch in the room for relaxing. The refrigerator and microwave in all of the rooms is great for drinks and snacks. We always bring bottled water because the water on the island has a high sulfur content and tastes bad. However, the hotel has a complimentary water dispenser with cups in the lobby that does not taste like sulfur, so they must filter it somehow, which is nice. The hotel is within walking distance of the beach, lighthouse, museum, the pier, shopping, and a variety of restaurants that serve local seafood. I recommend you visit the lighthouse museum and climb to the top of the lighthouse, as it offers spectacular views of the island. Also, go to the maritime museum, which is educational and a lot of fun. I highly recommend eating at Iguana's while you are there. The night we arrived we went to a concert on the lawn of the lighthouse overlooking the ocean. There was also an art festival going on. You can go fishing or crabbing off the pier. There is a local bait shop where you can purchase supplies and we bought a crab net and caught crabs off of the pier. We caught enough to have for dinner one night and steamed them on one of the public grills in Neptune Park, which is close to the hotel and the beach. If you are going to cook out in the park, I recommend bringing some lighter fluid, as it is hard to start a fire with the wind on the beach without it. There is a playground in Neptune park as well as mini golf and public pools. The hotel has a wonderful salt water pool, which my son loves because there is no chlorine to burn his eyes. We always have a great time staying at the Ocean Inn and Suites, as the staff is always so friendly and helpful and we feel like this is our home away from home whenever we stay there. I would highly recommend staying here if you are visiting St. Simon's Island.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a pool view.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Mt Gilead, OH
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Ocean Inn and Suites in St Simons Island, GA and I can't say enough good things about our stay. The staff is unbelievably accommodating! The rooms are wonderful! Clean & so homey! I would highly recommend staying here! I will be back just as soon as I can get there!!!!

Room Tip: All of the room options are awesome! It just depends on what you are looking for!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Georgia
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Park your car! Walk to The Village on St. Simon's Island for your meals. Enjoy nightlife and walk back to Ocean Inn and Suites. We have stayed there Georgia-Florida football game weekend and it's the best! Open your doors to the balconies, watch the game on TV and listen (and join in!) to the revelry on the Island and in the Hotel. I had made a good decision to let someone else have my ticket to the game! Stayed in the Presidential Suite which is on the corner - opened to balconies on two sides. Two bedrooms. Great!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the lighthouse view!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Smiths, Alabama
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Visit here once per year for the past 3-4 years. Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, located within walking distance shopping, pier, lighthouse and other amusements. A variety of great places to eat! Wish that the in room WiFi signal was stronger, could not connect except in the lobby!

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Richard C
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This place is odd, they consider themselves luxury, but, I am pretty sure they do not know the definition of luxury, maybe budget would be a better adjective for this place. The rooms - I appreciated the hardwood floors and the refrigerator, but, that was about it. The beds were fine, the shower was terrible - they desperately need new shower heads - the ones they have now are painful to use. I don't know how to describe it, comparable to a hose on the worst setting and someone is spraying you with it. The location is fine, but, it should be noted the beach is about a 5-8 minute drive down the beach. The breakfast was pitiful, no protein whatsoever, just bagels, pastries, some cereal and bananas (the only fruit). I did like the outdoor balcony, although, there was someone smoking on the balcony next to the public balcony. The staff was nice, but, when we checked in they assigned us to another guest's room, thankfully they were not there when we walked in, that could have been embarrassing. Would I stay here again, no.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Champuga81
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Like the title says, the price is beyond reasonable. For the accomodations and the LOCATION they can't be beat. You can walk to everything which was a major bonus and the main reason we picked this over places closer to the good beaches. The staff was wonderful and knowledgeable of the area. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: You want a sit down balcony. The second and third floors are the way to go.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 21 June 2013

The rooms are very nice and large. Comes with nice size fridge and they offer parking. I had a wonderful check-in and check out experience, each time was with a friendly clerk who knew the area and surrounding areas. Walked in and got a great rate since it was their off season. I was able to even get a room that looked into the Ocean and directly at the Saint Simons Lighthouse. At night I could see the beams from the lighthouse from my window. I saw the beautiful sunset and then again saw it rise in the morning. I had a nice little balcony. They offered a complimentary continental which was basic but clean and just enough to get me going. My room was handsomely decorated and clean.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank T L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Simons Island
Ocean Lodge
Ocean Lodge
#4 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthouse
Saint Simons Inn by the Lighthou...
#7 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
Hampton Inn St. Simons Island
#2 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simons Island
Home2 Suites by Hilton St. Simon...
#1 of 10 in Saint Simons Island
Holiday Inn Resort Jekyll Island
Best Western Plus St. Simons
Best Western Plus St. Simons
#6 of 10 in Saint Simons Island

Been to Ocean Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!