“Just a boat ride.”

Coastal Expeditions Charter Fishing
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Just a boat ride.”
Reviewed 15 June 2013

We paid 500 dollars for a 4 hour boat ride. The captain Eric was verry friendly and seemed knowledgable, but we didn't catch anything but two stingrays a few verry small sharks. This is not what we were expecting for five hundred dollars. If you want to catch fish don't book this trip. You would be better off buying fishing pole and fishing on the beach or pier. We did and caught more fish than we did on this charter boat. Bad idea,don't do it.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Chigger10
erockGeorgia, at Coastal Expeditions Charter Fishing, responded to this review, 17 June 2013
Capt. Eric here. First I'd like to sincerely apologize for the slow fishing that day. I called a friend of mine later that day who also does charters and he had a slow day as well. Sometimes the fish just don't bite. That massive thunderstorm that rolled through before we left the dock may have had something to do with it. I burned alot of gas traveling both the beach and marsh of Cumberland trying to put you and your family on fish. I was really trying my hardest to find the bite. But Im not here to make excuses. I just wanted to say I was sorry that I was not able to deliver up to your expectations. The satisfaction of my clients is priority number one. Hope your next fishing adventure is a productive one. God bless.and tight lines.

Arcadia, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“WASTE OF TIME!!”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Myself, my husband, and our 11 year old drove from Indiana and chartered a 6 hour fishing expedition with this company. The captain was nice but everything else about the trip was awful. This was supposed to be an offshore fish and we barely made it 1 mile out. The only place he took us that we could have caught some big fish, his anchor wouldn't hold so he pulled out. We then decide to shorten our trip since it was obvious he wan't going to take us anywhere that was any good. We came back to the island and started calling other local charters that had caught a lot of huge fish. They all knew who had taken us and apologized for us being taken advantage of. I WOULD NOT USE THIS PLACE EVER AGAIN.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Joni M
Tucson, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“SCAM ARTIST”
Reviewed 2 June 2012

In April 2012, myself and friends chartered Coastal Expeditions for the amount of $400 for a 4 hour fishing expedition based upon the owner, Vernon Reynolds telling us that we would be taken to some great spots to fish and also do some sightseeing while on the water. Based upon his sales pitch, we agreed to go do what we interpreted as offshore fishing and sightseeing at the same time. What really occurred was that his employee Eric took us out fishing in depths no more than 8-10 feet. We caught 4 very small sharks and 3 writing’s in a 4 hour time span (which included the trip time- not actual fishing time, which was about 3 hours), all of which were all thrown back. Offshore fishing is defined as going into areas deeper than what an NBA player can stand in without his head being under water. The only memorable part of the trip was seeing 2 dolphins. However, I am from the west coast and I have been on many chartered fishing expeditions, caught many various types of fish and sharks and observed many dolphins and I have to say beyond a reasonable doubt, this is by far, the biggest rip off I have seen in regards fishing charters. $400 for 3 people to be taken into depths of 8 feet? I could have rented poles, bought tackle, bought a license and stood at the docks and done the same thing for a lot less money. Next time I am town, I will go with a different charter.

Visited April 2012
9 Thank D E
Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed 9 August 2010

Our 4 hour fishing trip was a ton of fun! This is great for kids, teens and adults! Our captain was Eric he was so personable and knowledgeable about the islands and the water. We left the marina at 7AM and fished for sharks and whiting. We saw stingrays, jellyfish, crabs, and manatees, bring your camera to catch these moments!

3 Thank traveler429
Decatur, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Wonderful fishing/dolphin tour”
Reviewed 17 April 2006

We recently returned from our first trip to Jekyll Island, Georgia. We booked two different trips with Captain Vernon Reynolds of Coastal Expeditions. We were not disappointed!

Captain Reynolds took us out on April 12, 2006 for a dolphin sightseeing expedition. Our 1 1/2 hour tour was priceless! We saw numerous dolphin, including a very young one that was swimming with it's mother. Our sightseeing trip also included Captain Reynolds telling us about the island and pointing out some of the surrounding islands, the history of Jekyll Island, a shipwreck site, as well as some information regarding the tides and the location of Jekyll Island in relationship to the tides and the types of animals and fish that inhabit the area.

On our second trip, April 13, 2006, we booked a 6 hour fishing trip. I was concerned that I had booked something our 10 and 12 year old daughters would not enjoy - was I wrong!! Captain Reynolds taught them to cast, all the while keeping fresh shrimp on their hooks and taking their catches off for them. In total, in our 6 hour trip, we caught 11 sharks, over 60 whiteing, an eel, a stingray, and too many blue crabs to count! This was without a doubt the highlight of our trip. The girls can't wait to return and take another fishing expedition with Captain Reynolds.

We received excellent service at a great value. The fun we had cannot be described. Captain Reynolds was knowledgeable, extremely interesting to talk to, and just plain fun!! I would highly recommend booking a fishing and/or a sightseeing trip with Coastal Expeditions - this is an excellent expedition for not only families, but for the serious fisherperson as well!!

Rikki Brady