“Great fried shrimp”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Had the fried shrimp platter. Came with cole slaw and hush puppies. Also had a baked potato. The fried shrimp may be the best shrimp I've ever had.the only reason it was not perfect was due to the baked potato not being hot. Staff was courteous and quick. Free ice cream was a bonus.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,800)

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We chose Iguana's because I wanted to try a local version of shrimp and grits. The grits were fried into cakes, and the portion was plentiful. My husband tried the grilled fish and grits, and that was an awesome dish as well. We loved the beachy atmosphere, and our server was super. The prices were reasonable too!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We tried Iguanas for the first time on a recent trip to St Simons. The food was good, the service was good and the price was good. Love the free ice cream too.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I knew some people I know had written reviews and given Iguana great marks. My wife had the 1.5 pounds of fresh crab legs and I had the fresh grouper with cheese grits plus a half pound of crab legs. Both were absolutely wonderful and the prices reasonable. The atmosphere was beach and fun, the wait staff were all friendly and courteous. BTW nice portions of food. I would definitely recommend it to friends and others. On the pier area, dress is very casual and music is fun.

I enjoyed it so much, I went back for a shrimp lunch special - yummy. I will be there next time I visit SSI

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great service. Very good broiled shrimp. They had a lot of seating so we didn't have to wait for a table. They also have a free soft serve ice cream bar which was a great way to end our lunch on a hot day.