“Always a Good Time”

Iguanas Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Groups
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

We like eating here and sitting at the bar. We had not been in a year or so and the same bartenders were working. That says something about management and the service you are going to receive. I ordered a shrimp burger and it was just awesome. Probably the best "burger" type of food I had ever eaten. We usually get two dozen raw oysters but didn't this time, just not hungry enough. The ice cream machine is free if you eat dinner but it broke right before we finished eating, not a big deal but my wife had wanted a little something. They have 16 or so beers on tap so that's a nice feature if you're into beer, some craft beer and some of the usual. The girls all wear short khaki shorts, which if your a guy is kind of nice. It's a cool place to go and can be very busy, might have to wait awhile to get a table.

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Delicious...laid back restaurant with bar. We split the house salad which was really good and big enough to share and we also split the surf and turf which came with 14 ounce rib eye and 1 lb of crab legs. Really loved both of them. $37 and house salad was $6 or $7 bucks. They also have an ice cream machine which is free after dinner. Would go back.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice atmosphere - Amy is the best server!
Food was very good, and service was great.
Nice decorations - outside dining for those who wanted the fresh air - it was HOT so we ate indoors.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Although my husband and I didn't have family with us on this trip, we can't wait to take our grandchildren there. Very casual to the point of "do we want to eat here?" Glad we did! Had fresh oysters, a great burger and the best fried clams I've had on a long time. (this was two different occasions!). They are known for their shrimp and I want to try it too. To finish off the meal, there is a complimentary, soft-serve ice cream bar.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We chose this restaurant because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was one of the few places in the top 10 that was actually a restaurant and not a coffee shop, ice cream, pizza or yogurt place.
The outside has seating on the sidewalk if you want. The inside is decorated with many beach type items. It looks like this place definitely can use some updating as there are signs of wear. The seats at the table we were taken to had big rips in them, however the table and restaurant were clean.
They do have a nice selection of items on the menu. My wife ordered the fish dinner and I had the top sirloin. The dinners were average and nothing special and maybe a bit pricey for what you received. I also had the coleslaw which was too finely chopped for my taste, but was good anyways. I usually don't like hush puppies, but I liked these as they had a tasty sweetness to them. As a treat, they offer you a free dish of self serve soft ice cream after your meal.
We did have an excellent waitress who took care to check on us just enough not to be a bother. she was knowledgeable about the different local beers and offered me a taste sample of one of them.
All in all I would give this place another try whenever we get back to St. Simons and would hope that they are reading these reviews to update their place.