“Great BBQ and environment!”

Southern Soul Barbeque
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great BBQ and environment!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We've been visiting St. Simons every year for 17 years and have been frequenting the same old restaurants over and over. This year we decided to venture out a bit and tried Southern Soul and it did not disappoint. Very casual, fun and funky atmosphere. Don't expect fancy. We brought three 18 year old "boys" with us and they all loved it. Food was plentiful and excellent. Pulled pork was just the way I like it with larger chunks of meat and a great variety of sauces available. My husband had ribs and said they were also excellent. Will definitely be going back next year!

1 Thank Barb M

• Korean first
Florida
“Some good barbeque!”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to eat here for lunch after rave reviews on Trip Advisor and from family members. It did not disappoint! As mentioned by other reviewers, Southern Soul is a very busy establishment: when we arrived, the line was literally out the door. It's a tight squeeze as you're waiting to order. Very limited seating inside, but there are several long picnic tables outside. By the way, the smoker is outside, so as you're walking up to the restaurant, the smell is amazing. You can also watch an employee man the smoker--this I'd legit BBQ!

My husband and I both ordered the pulled pork. It comes with two sides (the Brunswick stew counts as two sides), ranging from fries, baked beans, potato salad, coleslaw, you name it. Soda, tea, beer, and even Kool-Aid is offered as beverages. Our total came to about $32.00, which included 4 drinks, the pulled pork, and extra sides of fries. Not bad! Despite being so busy, our food was delivered to our table within 10 minutes.

I wasn't crazy about the fries I ordered for my kids, and they didn't seem to like them, either. However, everything else was great, especially the pork. It was tender and flavorful. There are about 4 sauces from which to choose; I was partial to the hot and spicy and the mustard mix.

If you're a barbeque fan, I'd definitely recommend you so by here if you're in the area.

1 Thank vlmiller
Dacula, Georgia
“Wonderful BBQ”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The minute you get to st simons you need to head to Southern Soul. The lines get pretty long but well worth it. Had Beef Brisket and it was to die for.... melt in your mouth and huge portions.
Cant wait to bring the family next time we are in town.

Inverness,fl
“Good Southern BBQ”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Read about this place in the Golden Isles visitors guide, I asked a local about it and she gave me the thumbs up to give it a try. I tried the pull pork sand which, hush puppies, and fried okra. I grabbed one of each kind of sauce too. The food was very good. The sauces were all good, I like the Hot/spicy best! The hush puppies were Hugh. The fried okra was cooked well, and the pull pork sand which was good with the sauce added, but I think the forgot to put the slaw on my sand which :( I could only eat half of my food and save the other half. I was told to try the Mac and cheese too-- next time for sure.

Visited July 2014
Thomasville, Georgia
“The Best Barbeque!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I am very picky about BBQ! The pulled pork, chicken and ribs are great. I never would have thought that this little wooden building with benches outside had good food. It was recommended to me and has been featured on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. This is a winner! I'll be back the next time I'm in St. Simons. I also tried the fried green beans. They were also good. My husband had the ribs and pulled pork. Another family member had the chicken. I tried the pulled pork tacos and a sausage sandwich. What a surprise! Everything was delicious! This place is a gem! With a glass of sweet tea or a Red Stripe, you can't go wrong here!