“Great french recipes”
Review of La Petite Maison

La Petite Maison
Reserve with OpenTable
La Petite Maison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 121 Restaurants in Sandy Springs
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Abernathy
Reviewed 13 March 2014

All the seafood is fresh with wonderful sauces to enhance them. The shared desert was light and presented well...pear tart with homemade ice cream. We went for a Saturday lunch and fortunately the couple with the crying small children were leaving. Most of the time it is for adults so conversation is low and meal can be fully appreciated. Our french owner again was not too attentive waiting on another couple that can after us. Needs to add an additional waitress while she tries to balance the kitchen with the customers. Well priced wine list.

1  Thank AwesomeladyUS

Reviewed 28 January 2014

Our party of four had great, personal, service from a very nice woman with a lovely French accent. She was patient with questions and helped to pick the right choices for us. All of the appetizers, entrees, and desserts were just wonderful with a traditional French touch that was delicious and well presented. The owner was visible and active.

I view the few poor reviews on this restaurant as anomalies.

I will return for sure. Two comments for consideration: the noise level is on the high side although we were able to converse well during the evening; this restaurant is relatively expensive.

If this review is helpful then please indicate so below.

1  Thank Trek-Always
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Great ambiance; quiet and cozy. Lunch was delicious. The staff were incredibly patient and friendly.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had dinner there recently and enjoyed this small but intimate restaurant. Decent wine list and a good selection of appetisers and main courses. Settling on the foie gras to start, I was met with an appealing pot of terrine with toast and various accompaniments. My wife's onion soup looked great too.

Main course came down to filet mignon with Rochefort cheese sauce (a bit like a brandy peppercorn sauce with blue cheese - it was amazingly good) - potatoes and beans. The steak was amazing - I've had many many worse examples in "prime" steakhouses. It was cooked to perfection (medium rare) and was a generous portion too.

My wife had the frogs legs which looked a lot like small chicken legs, except three segments instead of two... She enjoyed them immensely.

Profiteroles for dessert (made in-house) as well as a very well made cappuccino. With a good bottle of wine, this was a very, very enjoyable meal.

We spent many months in Paris in 2009 and found the restaurant to be authentic; the floor is run efficiently by a pair of French ladies and one (!) serving assistant. As in Paris where you will see one or two wait staff manage many tables (and they work very hard to maintain them), this tradition works well here too. A typical restaurant of this size might have triple that number, yet in no way did service suffer.

Overall, delightful.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

because the service is glacial and understaffed, the noise level is absurd and the prices are beyond words.

This is my second visit here (as part of a party and for a birthday) and for the life of me, I can't see what the crowds are finding--and it IS crowded-- very crowded. We were sitting for at least ten minutes before even being served water and that was the last time until the entrees were served that any course arrived in unison for 4 people!
Both my wife and I had different dishes entirely--she fish and I veal--and both were overwhelmed by garlic. The french onion soup did NOT remind me of Paris.

The price, complete with several drinks amongst 4 people, was over $220.