5 years ago we celebrated our wedding in this place and stayed overnight with all our guests. Now, 5 years later it was time to return, just the two of us. We got a similar room with the stunning view over the lake of Brienz. The service and personnel was great and competent. Grand Hôtel Giessbach can be proud to have some seasonal staff members for more than16 years. We had some warm welcoming attention in the room we did not expect as a plate with fruits, a plate with cookies, a bottle with fresh springwater and even a book of a Swiss writer. The WIFI connection was fast. The meals were good, although the entrecôte was not foreseen for a hungry man, the wine tasted very fine and was worth the money. Conclusion, this place is far away from being the cheapest on the market, but it is exceptional in every way. By staying in this charming and historical place you contribute to keep alive an original whitness of the "Belle Epoque". While your stay you relax, return to the roots and fill up your body with new energy. For us this was not the last stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very warm welcome, dear guests - come in, enjoy the moment, and marvel at one of the most tremendous views in Europe. Be inspired by the charm of a true Grand Hotel and experience a sense of living history in one of the best preserved hotels of its time. From the moment you set foot in the Grandhotel Giessbach, you will find yourself in a world of unique splendour and elegant sophistication. It embodies the romance and charm of glorious bygone times. Today, just as it was one hundred years ago, the historical hotel residence, by the celebrated silvery Giessbach Falls, high above Lake Brienz, is quite simply a world of its own. Surrounded by mountains, forests and alpine meadows, with a breathtaking view of the unspoiled landscapes of Lake Brienz, this hidden oasis lies far away from everyday bustle and traffic. Relish the chance to unwind in this friendly and hospitable oasis, far away from everyday hustle and bustle. We look forward to welcoming you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Grandhotel Giessbach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Giessbach Hotel Brienz
- Grandhotel Giessbach Swiss Alps