“Great Place to stay”
Review of Tanglewood Cabins

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sautee Nacoochee
Tanglewood Cabins
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We travel to Helen a few times a year. We love to stay at Tanglewood. This Oktoberfest we stayed in Cabin 31 upon the mountain. The staff was helpful. The Ac went out and we called the after hour service. They told us how to reset the Ac and we were once again comfortable. Cabin was very clean and the view was awesome. We will continue to stay at Tanglewood. Always a great pleasure!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank krclrdc91

Reviewed 13 June 2010

We stayed in cabin 18. True to the previous review - the furniture was dated but well maintained. There was dust on some of the silk flowers - that was the worst thing we saw and certainly not worth complaining about. The towels were soft and fluffy, shower hot and a/c worked just fine. The swing on the front porch was great because you could sit and listen to the creek. We thought it was great because we could drive from there to the sights we wanted to see - they even provided directions to most of them.

2  Thank jenniferj76
Reviewed 10 September 2009

We stayed in cabin 18 next to a babbling brook. It was very private and peaceful. The furnishings are dated but well maintained. Very close to hiking, fishing and Alpine Helen. Helpful, friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2009

I'm glad that for once I did not read the reviews before I booked our cabin #31 for our Memorial Weekend getaway. I had narrowed down my selections to #15, #51 or 31 when I called Tanglewood to ask which one was the most private. It was a getaway for the two of us and I wanted privacy and quiet. I'm so glad I called as #31 was just what I was looking for even if it was 2 bedrooms and we needed only one. We didn't know it was rhodedendron season when we arrived and found our cabin completely surrounded by pink blossoms -just gorgeous. The cabin itself was clean, well stocked, and comfortable. They did neglect to mention there was a huge house on the one side but it was back by the bedroom and bathroom so it didn't bother us. We spent most of our time on the front porch looking at a heavenly view of the mountain across the way. It was convenient to Helen but far enough away from the hustle and bustle. Day trips to wineries are easy from here.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sherri in Florida
Reviewed 22 March 2009

We first booked a 2 br cabin on the mountain but because the road was being "scraped" we were unable to make it to the top w/out a 4 wheel drive. We were changed to another cabin. This place was old looking and the furniture certainly showed it! Not being happy with this cabin we were changed to yet another.
Cabin #49 upon arrival looked fine. It was much larger than we needed (just 2 of us) but it felt a little more comfortable in the beginning at least.
What we found really let us down; the cabin was nasty! There was an unbelievable amount of dust on the curtains and blinds - I don't think they had ever been cleaned! The tub in one of the bathrooms was filthy and looked as though it had never been cleaned either.
The bedding looked okay but the towels were grungy looking. The floors might have been vacuumed but the hardwoods in the kitchen had not been mopped ~ our socks were black on bottom!
There is no dishwasher and Tanglewood expects you to wash any dishes you use and return to their places prior to check out. You also have to strip the beds and place the linens in a specific spot. They charge a $45 cleaning fee (cash) which I'm sure is pocketed because the cabins can't be cleaned professionally. If so they need to fire who ever is cleaning and hire someone new!
There is no phone in the cabin so pray you have a cell signal and that you do not require emergency care.
There is no washing machine or dryer ~ yet Tanglewood does have laundry facilities.
If booking more than 2 guest(s) prepare to pay $10 per person per day!
This place is a rip-off and I can say this for certain ~ I will NOT stay with Tanglewood Cabin Rentals ever again!

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank sassysoutherner
Reviewed 11 September 2007

We stayed at Cabin #16 (Serenity) and loved it. The cabin was very pretty, cozy and very clean. I was extremely pleased when we opened the door and saw the inside. Fell in love with the place. Although there is no mtn view or lake view, we enjoyed the front porch very much. Also, there is a very short path that leads to a tiny creek with a bench to sit on. The girls at the office were very nice and helpful. Tanglewood Cabins is only 3 miles from Helen and there is the Tanglewood Restaurant. Breakfast there was delicious. Will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank GreenTwizzler
Reviewed 23 May 2007

We just returned from Tanglewood Cabins this past weekend. The trip overall was amazing! We had a group of 8 and the cabin was very comfortable and overall gorgeous. I loved how secluded it was, and even though you knew there were other cabins on the same road you very rarely heard any of them. The cabin was very clean and even the kitchen was very nicely equipped. (be forewarned though if you need groceries you have to drive 15 miles to Cleveland). Oh almost forgot! Can't forget the amazing porches!! Especially the back one with the grill, that is where we spent the majority of our time.

If the rating was based on the cabin alone I would rate this place an EXCELLENT!! The service, however, was not what I thought it should have been. We booked our cabin in March but due to some very extreme circumstances had to postpone it. I called and was told that there would be no extra charge. When we got to the cabin not only had they taken part of our previous deposit, but their rates had increased $20 a night. The website still listed their old price, which is of course what I went off of, but they still charged us their *new* price so on a total our bill was $115 more than it was suppose to have been.

If you want to have a nice, secluded, clean cabin I would suggest this place. But I would also suggest you make sure to print out all confirmations and information as once you get there they will say "prices are subject to change" and charge you more than was agreed.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank suthyrn
#4 of 9 in Sautee Nacoochee
Sylvan Valley Lodge
Sylvan Valley Lodge
#3 of 9 in Sautee Nacoochee

Been to Tanglewood Cabins? Share your experiences!