“Secluded feeling, yet near the highway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sautee Nacoochee
Timberloft Cottages and Cabins
Athens, GA
“Secluded feeling, yet near the highway”
Reviewed 19 June 2006

As an employee of the Georgia Dept. of Transportation, I travel all over North Georgia and I have passed by/visited/inquired about many places to stay in the mountains. There are a few places that are higher in the mountains or have a better view, but the combination of things to do within driving distance of Helen/Cleveland is hard to beat. My wife and I (on a rare weekend away from our 12 year old son) stayed in a one-room "efficiency"cottage right beside the timber loft office. Even though it was 100 feet from the office and 100 feet from some other cottage, the foliage around the cottages give it a really secluded feeling. They do have larger cabins/cottages around the Helen area, but the one we stayed in was ideal for a no-kids. getaway. It is so simple and quaint. Even with cable TV and a hot tub it still has a rustic feel to it. It is not the Hilton, but that is not what you want in the mountains anyway. Lots of pottery & antique shops around Helen and two wonderful state parks close by (Unicoi and Smithgal) for hiking, fishing, birdwatching, etc. We will definitely go back. MANY TIMES. We may even let our son in on our little secret place sometime.

• Stayed June 2006
9 Thank Ray C

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 17 July 2005

After 7 years we still love and return to Timberloft. We spent a week in their 3 bedroom cabin (4 generations of us) and many nights in their studio cabins over the years. We just returned and will be heading back up in Sept. It is hard to find a place that is clean, cozy and inn keepers to top this couple. We will always return to a favorite spot of ours ( a 600 mile journey) and as a travel agent, who has been all around this world, "I highly recommend".
The small cabins are located close together but have privacy shrubs and walls and wonderful striped curtains that surround a romantic hot tub, twinkling lights and good Georgia country air. Plenty of privacy, far more than many places. The larger cabins are located in various areas around Helen.
They have everything ready for your arrival and relaxation, you just take home good memories.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 July 2005

We stayed in a studio cottage. It was right next to the other cottage with barely any privacy. The cottage was dirty inside and smelled. The hot tub had scum inside of it too. Gross. We also found roaches inside. We contacted management but they refused to refund anything even though we left a day early. We obviously won't be returning! This place was what I would call just a hole in the wall.

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Sautee Nacoochee hotels

Reviewed 27 August 2004

The private hot tub was an added bonus! It was kinda like you were staying in someone's guest house! The cabin is close to the proprietors so you feel safe, but it's still private. Helen and Unicoi State Park is just around the corner--close but not too close. Very quiet and clean with cold A/C. I would highly recommend it if you like your own space--and not a busy hotel where you have to eat out all of your meals and have to put up with alot of noisy neighbors.

• Stayed August 2004
16 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 October 2003

My childhood sweetheart and I went to Helen last year for our Birthdays in January. I worked on this trip for a month trying to make it perfect. When we finally arrived i was a little disappointed. It wasn't what I thought it would be. Or so I thought. It turned out to be so romantic. It was quiet and just the right atmosphere for Love. We had been apart and married to someone else for 18 years. This was our time to find our way back to each other. The first night there he asked me to marry him. This was what I had waited on all my life. This was my soulmate. We were married in May,2002. We of course went back for our honeymoon. It is so magical. Its like there is no one else in the world but you and your mate. We are getting ready to go back. I can't wait.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Heidi Motel
Heidi Motel
#6 of 18 in Helen
Helendorf River Inn and Conference Center

Been to Timberloft Cottages and Cabins? Share your experiences!