“Excellent Service with Attention to Detail”
Review of Tavola

Tavola
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Sea Island
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having dined at Tavola for the first time, I had new experiences. I first noticed that I felt like I was in a privately owned restaurant. Management was hands-on and the wait staff was superior.

With questions about wine and food recommendations, I found I always received clear and succinct answers.

We chose the soup special that was a tomato bisque. Delicious! On to the next courses which were a pasta with seafood and lasagna. It was decided by us that the seafood pasta was a better choice than the lasagna though the lasagna was good.

For dessert we chose a medley of gelato, sorbetto, cannoli, and the Italian fried donuts. By far the best were the donuts dusted with sugar and cinnamon. We took the cannoli home to have the next day. They were very good. The gelato tasted more like a nice cream than the gelatos I have had in the past. The desserts were a little slow in arriving, so our waiter offered to take them off our bill. We declined, but recognized their aim to please.

We were seated indoors though outdoor seating was available. The view of the river and later, the sunset, was gorgeous. The indoor decor was upscale and less like the usual Italian-like restaurants with murals. Very comfortable. It was awkward drinking water out of metal glasses.

The only downside that I would report were the two tables of twenty young ladies seated behind us mid-meal. They were loud and forced us to eat and leave quickly.

1  Thank A T

Reviewed 29 May 2014

It was OK. Not comparable with the other restaurants on the property. It's fine if you're there with young children, but not really the quality of Colt and Allison

2  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Although The Georgian Room is not to be missed, it is a once a month splurge! Tavola is one of those restaurants where you could return weekly and enjoy yourself every time. The wait staff is superior, especially Ben who speaks Italian fluently. Rianne, pronounced Ryan, the sommelier for all the Cloister restaurants, often is at Tavola and has found perfect Italian wines and is very knowledgable. The food under Chef Bobby who was formerly with Vivere in Chicago has made all the difference at Tavola. His food is divine! When visiting Sea Island or staying at the Lodge, don't miss this gem!

1  Thank lindaheagy
Reviewed 28 May 2014

They got it right. The service was wonderful. The mushroom risotto was yummy and the heirloom tomatoes with homemade buffalo cheese.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My friends and I ate at Tavola on the first night in Sea Island after a 19 hour flight. The first thing that will strike you is just how overwhelming the service is.
Every waiter that passes by will ask you how you're doing, if you need anything else, etc...
The food matches that level of service - there were 10 of us including 4 Italians, and we all agreed our 5 pizzas where excellent.
The bruschetta comes with the ingredients separate so you can decide if you want pesto or not on yours etc.
Best of all, the wine menu carried one of my very favorite wines from the Valpolicella region. There's even a fantastic Nebiollo if you don't mind going over 100 dollars for the bottle.
The restaurant sports some small touches including crispy pizza bread for appetizers etc. But the main deal is authentic and tasty.!

2  Thank Mario P