“Have been so much better, now a place with bad value”

Hotel Rusthallargarden
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Arild
Reviewed 14 December 2012

This has for long been one of my favourite countryside places in Sweden. Horder, it has been three years since my last visit so we decided to get a weekend in beginning of February. Arild itself is nice and location of the hotel in this picturesque location is lovely.

Front Desk was like a machine at all time, no genuine, caring attitude as I expected. Lobby has a bar with bad coffee and the options for lunch or an afternoon cake was non excisting.

Room was mediocer with faciliies and specially the bahrooms need both better cleaning and a fresh up. Overall the room was charming - but the touch of elegance I could recall.

Restaurant was not up to the beat. Food was just ok and the vegetarian option for our set menu was a rip off. Dirty glasses and a not so talent chef in combination cant help a friendly waiter. Wine list was good - but it is pricey comparing to the standard of food.

Breakfast was great with several local and susitainable items.

I think however the place over all nice and worth a visit - but comparing for a weekend in Copenhagen, Paris, Berlin or the british countryside at five star hotels with Michelin restaurants - where you play less and get so much better, Rusthållargården stands just as a joke.

A shame for a place I loved so much and visting more then 10 times over the years.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KamiltonTraveller

Reviewed 13 October 2012

This is an old fisherharbour in the northwest of Skåne in Sweden.
The see is right before your eyes when you have your breakfast at this lovely hotel.
The Village is very picturesque with beautiful houses climbing down the hill from the
hotel to the sea. There are also a small wineyard just one kilometer away with a lovely
restaurant with good food and fine Swedish Wines. (open only summertime).

Room Tip: We choosed one of the Villas a little bit aside of the mainbuilding, it was very nice and absolute...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Traveled to Arild with my daughter and her fiance for a weekend get-away in late September. The Hotel Ruthallargarden is on a bluff above a tiny fishing village. We had rooms in the lovely wee green cottage on the property. My daughter's room was cozy and lovely while mine was roomy with a outdoor porch and view of the sea. Unfortunately, the weather was absolutely awful so I didn't have a chance to enjoy my porch. It was quite cold, rainy and windy and I think perhaps the water circulating through the radiators had not yet been turned up so the room was quite cold. There were three radiators in my room and I turned them all as high as they go and they never got any warmer. Since I was alone, I took the duvet from the other bed and doubled up on mine to stay warm overnight. Had I been staying an additional night, I would've asked for the heat to be turned up. Lovely to find that the bathroom floor was heated so it was quite pleasant in there. Wish that same heat had been coming into the main room. Aside from the heat issue, I really thought the hotel was lovely. We celebrated my daughter's birthday with dinner in the hotel restaurant. We had no idea that we would be treated to such a delicious repast. Great wine list from which we chose a terrific Pinot Noir from New Zealand. We started with the Anti Pasti appetizer which featured halibut with a cucumber and dill topping, a veal and pork terrine with a carrot and truffle aioli, a bit of lamb and grilled Halloumi. It was beautifully presented and the portion just right to start without spoiling our appetites for the main course. We all chose the Mallard which was served rare over local vegetables and accompanied by a delicious smoked duck croquette. The meal was accompanied by the house-made sourdough bread and a delicious cracker flavored with fennel and colored purple-black with octopus ink. Very intriguing and tasty. Dessert was an apple amadine served with fried apples and vanilla ice cream. We all agreed it was the best dessert we've had in some time. Perfect ending to a lovely meal. The restaurant is quite pricey but we felt it lived up to expectations and we had a very enjoyable evening. We came to Arild to hike the nature preserve of Kullahalvon but since the weather was so horrendous, we will have to return someday. And we will happily chose the Hotel Rusthallargarden. In spite of the weather, we had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Stayed here for one night with massage and dinner. Food was good (not great). While Arild is a really nice setting to stay in, we did not feel that the hotel/restaurant/spa was able to deliver on par with pricing. If you wan't great food in this part of Sweden, I'd strongly recommend Gastro in Helsingborg instead.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Wonderful little fisher town, great view and close proximity to Kullen and Mölle.
The kitchen is wonderful. Do enjoy a full dinner including a wine menu. It's such a great treat.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Susanne J
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Rusthållargården in Arild is a fairly large hotel used for meetings and leisure. I have been there twice and must admit I long back for the next meeting held there in 2013. The hotel is siyuated on the northern slope of Kullahalvön in the little picturesque fishing village of Arild close to the natural preserve of Kullahalvön. It contains of a main building where you find the reception, restaurant, conference venues, and a number of guest rooms. Added to that are a few larger houses along Stora Väbgen, the main street through Arild, containing a number of guest rooms. As the main building and the other houses are fairly old the interior is renovated to today's standard but keeping the touch of older times. All guest rooms have a bathroom en suite and most rooms have a view over the sea.

The restaurant serves delicate food and the the beverages have a good quality.

The confernce venues are not too large, there is a possibility to arrange meetings for up to 50 participants.

The service given by the staff is very good. The negative thing is that there are no shops close by to the hotel.

Very close to Arild you find the Natural Preserve of Kullaberg. It is fairly large and you can easily reach it within a 15 minute walk from the hotel. The preserve is covered with oaks and beeches in a hilly nature. You find hidden farms and remains from the stone age. On the northern side the hill falls into Skälderviken and there you will also find the controversial Swedish artist Lars Wilks' so called sculpture "Nimis".

Rusthållargården is highly recommended!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Claes G
Reviewed 18 April 2012

The hotel consists of several buildings, one main building and 3 big elderly villas coloured in yellow, green and blue. My husband and I spent a long weekend here, had a very pleasant room in Kaptensvillan, which was the blue house, furthest away from the main building. We were here in rather cold and windy April and it was a nice touch that the footpath to the other houses was covered and lighted. All the staff we were in contact with were very friendly, the room was nice and clean. The style is somewhat oldfashioned and cozy, nice calm colours. Bathroom and wardrobe were excellent. The restaurant is good, everything is home made and locally produced. Fresh and clean atmosphere and even here very friendly staff. The location is great, near to a small harbour and sea view.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ejensen8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arild
3 mi away
#2 of 2 in Molle
Clarion Grand Hotel
Clarion Grand Hotel
#5 of 20 in Helsingborg

Been to Hotel Rusthallargarden? Share your experiences!