“great views”

Orillia, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great views”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

lots of elevation, wildlife and great golf course, certain times golf and four course dinner for one hundred twenty five dolars

Orillia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Again, haven't missed a beat!”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

When we stayed at Port Cunnington we had the pleasure of visiting Bigwin Island Golf Club. They send a boat shuttle to pick you up right at the dock of the resort. Amazing service. Same owners of the resort Port Cunnington. It is very apparent as Bigwin too, everything is just perfect. The location is absolutely stunning, deer literally hanging out on the golf course while you are playing, just magical. The food is delicious, way to go Chef! One of the best most magical experiences in our lives and a day we will never forget.
Thank you Bigwin! Heaven does exist.

Visited September 2012
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A beautiful historic gem!”
Reviewed 13 October 2012

My wife and I finally got a chance to have dinner here. One of these years I hope I can golf it! I'm a resident of the Huntsville/Lake of Bays area and before that I was a cottager here. I have grown up knowing the rich history of Bigwin Island. Its alluring charm long before there was a world class golf course.

As for our dinner....FANTASTIC!!! While, for us and our pocket book it was on the expensive side, it was worth every penny for wonderful evening out.

We both decided to choose the "Present Menu Option" http://www.bigwinisland.com/images/sitepicts/2012%20Menu/2012%20FallDinner.pdf . An option that allows you to choose ( from a certain selection provided) one appetizer, one entre and one dessert. I had the Chef's Caesar salad, Pan Seared 10oz Entrecote Strip Loin Steak, and the Classic Crème Brûlée. My wife had the Soup de Jour of Butternut squash, Skillet Fried Muskokan Trout, and the Classic Crème Brûlée as well. My entire dinner was done perfectly! My wife's trout, while delicious, was a little too creamy for my taste but was still well done.

After dinner we browsed the dining room to view all the pictures of the resort from by gone days.

For more info on dining see here.. http://www.bigwinisland.com/index.cfm?ID=164 or general information on Bigwin Island Golf Club see here.. http://www.bigwinisland.com/index.cfm?ID=1

Visited October 2012
1 Thank geoff62757
Toronto, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Beautiful and challenging”
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Big Win Island is the most beautiful course I have ever played! It's in Lake of Bays in the Muskoka area of Ontario. A boat meets you on the dock and takes you and your clubs over to the island to begin your round of golf; you can have dinner afterwards and stay as long as you wish..the boat will be there to take you back to the mainland. The course is closed to the public for the months of July and August, when only members can play, but fall is the most beautiful time of year to go there in any case. An added bonus, for me anyway, is the number of deer roaming freely on the course; they cannot be hunted on the island, so are unafraid of players or their carts, allowing you to drive as close to them as you wish. Not only is the course beautiful, but it is quite challenging without being overly long

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bernadette L
Mississauga
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What a gem!”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

If you can get to Bigwin Island (as I understand the island is only open to the public before Canada Day and after Labour Day), then you must go.
Well worth the drive from Toronto, Bigwin offers stunning vistas, amazing hospitality, fantastic food, and my favourite golf course in Ontario.
From the minute you arrive at the gate, to the stunning boat ride across to the island, to the excellent practice facilities... you get it, this place is a great experience.
The staff are very professional - no cash on island - and the food is definitely worth staying for.
The cost is $200 for the golf - and it is worth every penny - but there are offers for lower available online.
Put it on your bucket list! Go to their website - www.bigwinisland.com to check out the history of the place and learn some more about it, but nothing beats being there in person.

Visited September 2012