“Best Reuben ever”

The Hound Lounge
Ranked #6 of 7 Restaurants in Baysville
Cuisines: Grill
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped in this weekend for lunch. We almost didn't go in because the outside looked shabby, old flags, and patio, weeds growing out front, but we were hungry and had a go of it. Our server was prompt and nice, they were busy because of soccer, so surprised with service. I ordered the Ruben sandwich and it was the best I had, my husband ordered a peamale bacon and cheese sandwhich that looked awesome, fries where very good too. I would definitely go back. They don't take debit or master card but atm on site.

There are newer reviews for The Hound Lounge

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

We stopped in on the advice of the gas station attendant while snowmobiling. The waitresses greeted us with a hello when we entered. Nice start but it seemed to go downhill from there. We asked for an alcoholic drinks menu because they weren't on the main menu, the waitress went on to say she didn't have one but she could tell me "what we have." My partner in the meantime had to use the restroom. I knew I was having a locally made draught beer but my partner hadn't decided so I couldn't order for her. After getting our drinks we were slow deciding, but the waitress asked us every few minutes "are you ready" we were told that if we got the wings which came with fries we could swap them for onion rings because we ordered poutine. Once we finished, getting her attention wasnt easy. When the bill came without anything identifying it as the Hound Lounge or the items ordered, there was an added $1.95 that I questioned her about. This was because we ordered onion rings. It would have been nice to know this before we ordered. Finally the kicker was no debit or credit card, cash only, and there is an ATM near the restrooms. This is unacceptable in 2014 especially considering the summer clientele in that area. We won't be returning to that establishment again.

6  Thank mark m
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Food is average at best .. fries OK though. Problem is the price. This is Baysville not New York City!! I live in Toronto .. cheaper anywhere seven days a week and not on a painted cement floor!!

3  Thank bubababe