“okay, but not the best”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Groton, Connecticut
“okay, but not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

The hotel staff were awesome, very friendly and willing to help. But the room lacked. It was definatly not the best of Residence Inn I have ever stayed at If you looking for a hotel for a one nighter then I would suggest this hotel, any longer I would look elsewhere. This is a nice location centrally located near I 75 and I285.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
residunwoody, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, 8 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make such great comments about the property's staff. We are working each day to make sure the buildings continue to shine like the people that work here. Hope you stay with us the next time you are in Atlanta.

Phiippa Monthrope

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Stacy went up and beyond to make sure all of her guest were comfortable. I couldn't have had a better experience here. Thanks to her we will come here more often I recommend this hotel for everyone they really make you feel at home. All of the staff are very friendly excellent service, excellent location, and excellent rooms. Thank you staff @ Residence Inn you guys are great.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to make such great comments about the property. Hope you stay with us the next time you are in Atlanta. I ahve passed your kind words onto Stacey. She was delighted as she loves serving our guests.

Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

The service here is wonderful. Showers are always hot and water pressure is excellent. Full kitchen is well equipped. The exercise room is OK; they offer a decent selection of free weights but the cardio equipment (bike, treadmill & elliptical) are a bit dated. I have also stayed a the Buckhead Residence Inn, and this one is much better.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to make such great comments about the property. We are in the process of upgrading all of the fitness equipment to state of the art Life Fitness. Hope you stay with us the next time you are in Atlanta so that you see and use all of the new equipment.

Carson City, NV
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Lovely facility at a reasonable price. Walking distance to a lot of things and close to the northern I-75 and I-285 intersection. Nonetheless it is very quiet. The included breakfast buffet is more than adequate: scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage patties, bagels, muffins, cereals, fruit, etc.

• Stayed January 2013
Burlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2012

Updated property with new kitchen and flat screen TV. Reasonably priced. Able to walk to several restaurants and if you have a car, there are a couple of malls within 5-10 minutes. First night I was in a room that was overly saturated with "Febreeze-like scent" that I could not stand. I am overly sensitive to scents, and the staff moved me the next day to a better smelling (or less-smelling) room. Because it is an older property, it's possible that the rooms have a smell that need to be covered up. Not sure, but the second room was just fine. The beds are comfortable and the shower was delightful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you happento be sensitive to scents, make sure you request a non-perfumed room when you book. The...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ladybugonbusiness
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks on a business trip. Great location for highway access. Decent , chain food places to eat around here. Older property with recently renovated furnishings. Large LCD tv in my room, stainless appliances, updated kitchen etc.

Staff were all very friendly and service oriented.

Water pressure was ok, showers could have been hotter . Parking was plentiful.

But be warned , I had to drive to the Walgreens, which is luckily a 1/4 mule away to buy bug nie cream . First night i was there woke up next day with multiple bug bites all over my body , it was nasty. Also, on the last night there found a cockroach in my bathroom.

Personally, I don't care that much about insects, just wanted to give everyone a heads up . Had I paid for the room out of pocket I would have complained, but since I had no choice but to stay there I let it pass .

It's a good location with decent accommodations, great staff , but be weary of uninvited guests that give you bites

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank 571L
Thank you for the kind words. Sincere aplogies about any pests that you encountered. We use a national pest control company and I will report this complaint to them so that we avoid future issues. Again sorry and hope you try us again in the future.
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

This is an older residence inn that has been renovated. It has outside entry to the rooms which as a single woman travelling, I did not really like but not a real big deal. The area felt safe and there is a wall between you and the road. My room was on the 2nd floor and you have to take the stairs up. Not a biggie for me but if you had mobility issues, you may need to ask for a bottom floor room. The room was very nice. You can tell they have been recently renovated. The bed was super comfy, nice big screen tv, very nice kitchen area, comfortable seating...overall, nothing negative to say about the room. The evening snack/meal was okay. I was there on veggie night which consisted of tossed salad, veggie plate with dip, potato chips and chicken salad (the kind out of a big plastic container from Sam's). Nothing special. The menu shows other nights with things like cheeseburgers and such so probably depends on the night you were there. I slept through breakfast which ended at 9 AM (I think due to the comfy bed and being extremely tired!) so can't comment on that. The dining area is pretty small but nicely decorated. The staff was very helpful and the whole lobby area was clean and well maintained. Overall, the hotel certainly met my needs. I used rewards points for the room so no cost to me but the lowest price I could find on this room was $149/night. I do not think it is worth that price. It is nice but not that nice in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank momof3boysinAL
Thank you for taking the time to make sure great comments about the property. Hope you stay with us the next time you are in Atlanta.

Phiippa Monthrope
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria? Share your experiences!