“Fantastic Stay”

Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel embodies the definition of good customer service, and really makes the effort to make you feel welcome and special.
My wife and I truly enjoyed our stay at this Residence Inn. We were in Atlanta for the last few days of our honeymoon, and were very glad to have chosen this property.
We'd originally intended to stay one night in the Penthouse Suites, and then switch over to the regular suites. However, once the hotel staff learned we were on our honeymoon, the hotel manager was kind enough to offer us to stay for the rest of our duration at the Penthouse Suites at an excellent rate.
We're big fans of the Residence Inn chain in general, and always walk away from the experience on a very positive note. The rooms are spacious, the staff is delightful, and the breakfast buffet is delicious.
Thanks for making our stay in Atlanta a very pleasant one :)

2  Thank Uri-Kah
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Congratulations on the nuptials!! We were so happy to have your start your new life together with us. The staff gains to delight every guest and I am so pleased that they exceeded your expectations with their service. We take pride in the hotel so thank you for sharing your experiences with the world. All the best for the future.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was spacious had a nice pool area and workout facility.
Breakfast was free and above average.
Evening hospitality hour was just average.
Lots of shopping, restaurants close by and away from some of the Atlanta congestion.
Ideal business hotel if doing business or trade show in Atlanta and surrounding area

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank davew49
Philippa M, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. As you know travelers rely on reviews to make buying decisions so your comments are sincerely appreciated. We are fortunate to be in this Cumberland Galleria area where there are many shopping and dining option. Looking forward to having you select us in the future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in business. I arrived after 8 pm after a very long day and the front desk attendant was fabulous. He have me a menu of a local take out place that was great and had toothpaste and a razor sent to my room after I discovered I'd forgotten mine. Great visit.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Triciammh

I wanted to take a moment to let you know we are so grateful for your kind words and for sharing your experience. I have your comments with the staff and we hope you make this hotel you choice in Atlanta. Thank you

Philippa Monthrope

Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had to relocate while restoration work was being done on our home. 2 weeks turned into 3. :-( But if you have to have a home away from home - this is the place to be! We checked it out ahead of time and knew that the studio would be way too confining when one of us works from home. When we saw the one bedroom, we could not believe the difference in space and accommodations and took it right away. We have high ceilings with a loft that holds a queen bed, and full bath plus closet and dresser. Downstairs the living space is a fully equipped kitchen (although I did bring a lot of stuff from home because I cook everything), spacious living room with fireplace, couch and chair, eating space that comfortably seats 4. A separate enclosed bedroom with full bath and closet and dresser. Three flat screen TV's, wireless and two desks - upstairs and in the bedroom downstairs. Lots of windows and natural light in these one bedroom (penthouse) suites.

Staff is wonderful. Front desk was most helpful with office work I needed to get accomplished. Computer and printer in Lobby free to all guests. The free happy hours with light food are well prepared. Although these are only Monday through Thursday, they were very enjoyable. Onsite coin operated laundry is in excellent condition. Maid service is controlled by you - No service today, day sleeper, or please come later.

Furnishings are updated, clean and in excellent condition. We are so ready to go home, but this has been the best possible scenario for us. Location is wonderful. Lots of shopping, restaurants and food stores nearby. Easily accessible from I-285 and I-75.

Quiet! Have never heard our neighbors and truly felt peaceful throughout our stay. The property stays booked up so don't wait to make reservations if you need/want to be here.

Room Tip: One bedroom units on the back of the property are secluded and the furthest from the street.
3  Thank Janice H
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you! Thank you! It means so much to us that you decided to share your experience with the world. Being on the road for long periods can be stressful and we are so happy that were able to make it a less stressful time for you. Having the complimentary services makes your life on the road easier and we are glad to provide them. Take Care

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My family and I are currently staying in this hotel while my husband is on military orders. I have two young boys (2 yrs and 2 months.) The cleaning staff have been amazing!!!! Leticia and Elizabeth have gone above and beyond the call of duty! Leticia is so sensitive to schedule her cleaning visits around my children's nap time, she also helps me to my car every time she sees me (2 babies and 3 flights of stairs can be tough for one mama!) Leticia's people skills are exceptional! She really should be in a management position of some type. I met Elizabeth today who also helped me to my car. She went above the call of duty by cleaning not only the hotel dishes in my room, but the dishes we also brought with us for the babies. She also picked up my older son's toys while we were out (not just the typical make the bed, clean the bathroom, etc.) These ladies work very hard with wonderful attitudes and I must say, I am very impressed! If all you experience are these ladies you will be very pleased with your stay!

Other points to mention are- The front office staff has also been very helpful! I have been very please with the size of the rooms and the kitchen space, which is very well equipped with a full sized oven/stove, full sized fridge, and full sized dishwasher. There is a very nice outdoor gas grill which we have used and were pleased with, and there is a good sized laundry room on the property which I have also been pleased with. The pet area is also very clean, this was very important to us as we have two small dogs with us. The hotel, while on a busy road, is tucked away so that once you drive onto the property you do feel like you are escaping the busyness on the town. While my boys are not old enough yet, there is a very nice basketball court for older children to burn off some energy if needed. The free high speed internet really is high speed, strong enough to run Netflix off of it and you can add as many devices to it as you would like for free.

I have been very pleased with our stay so far and would highly recommend others with children/pets to take advantage of this hotel if you are in the area. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We are in the largest suite possible which has a room and loft, the space is well organized to feel...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Allison S

A big thank you for taking the time to comment on the staff here that at the Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland Galleria area. I shared your comments with them and they were blushing with pride. All of the staff enjoy taking care of our guests and we are so happy you decided to share your experience. Hope to see you again soon. Take Care

Reviewed 17 March 2014

It was my first visit to the Atlanta area. The staff and service were quite exceptional illustrating a combination of professional and Southern hospitality at its best.

I give kudos to Adam who addressed all of my questions and concerns at the front desk. He was definitely above and beyond, very accommodating, and good at putting my mind at ease. He was the first to point me to the right building while I was driving and looking for it after checking in via another associate. It's hard to part ways not smiling after checking out with Adam.

Somehow breakfast tasted even better and fresher than the average compared to other RI's my girlfriend and I stayed at before. More selections would've been nice but we can't argue with free or included breakfasts especially when it's a better-than-the-average quality one.

Bottom line: this particular location will definitely be my top choice whenever I'm visiting the Atlanta area again. It should be yours too.

1  Thank G1012JLpetera

Thank you so much for all the kind things that you have said about the Residence Inn in Smyrna. We are here to serve you and appreciate your comments. Hope to see you again if you need a hotel in this area near to Cumberland Mall.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am in hotels between 48 to 50 weeks per year and have been doing so for the past decade. I travel extensively domestically and internationally as well. In doing so you can imagine that I am very particular on the type of hotels' I set up. Priorities never change (1) Good Nights Sleep (2) Value (3) Internet Access (4) Can cook in room (5) On-site Excercise (6) Clean (7) Security (8) Staff Experience (9) Rooms are Mechanically sound (10) Ease of access. I can say that this property is managed very well, if I had to rate the management of this property as compared to others I have used it would be in the top 10 which is pretty good as I am comparing them against my 10+ years of experience. This property meets all of the needs of myself and the 10 other members of our team that are housed here. Nathan Collier, Stephanie Neville and General Manager Philippa are all top notch professionals that make sure all has been done or will be done to maximize your experience. Awesome property right in the heart of the Cobb Galleria and Cumberland Mall yet it still gives you the appearance of being a bit secluded. My team was in residence during both sever winter weather events in Atlanta this year, we did not lose power and the hotel was very helpful in all aspects. During the first snow event they opened their lobby to those that were stranded, and the staff worked extended hours to ensure everyone was safe...Huge cudo's to the management of the property and the staff that worked so hard, we cannot say thanks enough times!

Room Tip: I always request a top floor room to minimize the noise level and promote a good nights sleep. Here...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Douglas C
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete this awesome, detailed review of the hotel. I shared it with the staff today and they all had huge smiles on their faces. We all take pride in making guest comfortable and productive while with us and I am so pleased that has been your experience. Thank you for continuing to stay with us each week and as you know please reach out to any staff member at any time if we can be of further service.

Be safe in your travels and see you again soon.

Philippa Monthrope

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta - Galleria
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Galleria Ballpark Area

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria? Share your experiences!