“Job Transfer”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Powder Springs, Georgia
“Job Transfer”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Stayed here for a little over 2 months (April-June) in the Penthouse suite while looking for home due to job transfer. While I expected more, everything was avg. Housekeeping could have been better. Very disappointed in the GM, not ince duribg my entire stay did I hear from her except when I gave the hotel a less than avg review.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank ccampb3811
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I am truly sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay and that I was a disappointment. I am generally able to meet all of the long term guests during their stay but very rarely because of timing I don't meet everyone. I am available by cell and the front desk can always find me. Please send me a personal email at ri.atlhg.gm@marriott.com and I will be able to respond and correct your concerns. Please accept my sincere apology for any short comings and I look forward to speaking with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I spend two months in Florida every summer. On the way down we always stop over in Atlanta. Because I have a Marriott rewards card I prefer to stay at Marriott properties as much as we can during our trip. We had never stayed at a Residence Inn so didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised by how nice our room was. Everything was really clean. Good location-close to I75 and lots of restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michael K
pmonthrope, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, 25 November 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience here at the Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland!
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked a studio room for my daughters 10th birthday & invited several friends to stay with us. When we arrived to check in the Front Desk staff & GM informed us that they were having issues with the internet, phones & water and immediately offered to transfer our reservation to a nearby hotel. We chose to put our bags in the room & let the girls swim for a bit to see if the water leak could be fixed. It was fixed within 20 minutes of us hopping in the pool. Breakfast was very good the next morning. I compliment the entire staff on how they handled the breakfast rush! At one point there were at least 50 people in the dinning area, the staff handled it perfectly. Not only were they restocking breakfast items, they were also finding places for folks to sit & cleaning up as quickly as they could. The General Manager was there running the waffle station & delivering waffles to the entire dinning area. Residence Inn is well known for great service, this location included! Not only was the service excellent, the room was very clean, the property itself was clean & the pool was fun.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Swaller4
County Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel embodies the definition of good customer service, and really makes the effort to make you feel welcome and special.
My wife and I truly enjoyed our stay at this Residence Inn. We were in Atlanta for the last few days of our honeymoon, and were very glad to have chosen this property.
We'd originally intended to stay one night in the Penthouse Suites, and then switch over to the regular suites. However, once the hotel staff learned we were on our honeymoon, the hotel manager was kind enough to offer us to stay for the rest of our duration at the Penthouse Suites at an excellent rate.
We're big fans of the Residence Inn chain in general, and always walk away from the experience on a very positive note. The rooms are spacious, the staff is delightful, and the breakfast buffet is delicious.
Thanks for making our stay in Atlanta a very pleasant one :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Uri-Kah
Philippa M, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Congratulations on the nuptials!! We were so happy to have your start your new life together with us. The staff gains to delight every guest and I am so pleased that they exceeded your expectations with their service. We take pride in the hotel so thank you for sharing your experiences with the world. All the best for the future.
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was spacious had a nice pool area and workout facility.
Breakfast was free and above average.
Evening hospitality hour was just average.
Lots of shopping, restaurants close by and away from some of the Atlanta congestion.
Ideal business hotel if doing business or trade show in Atlanta and surrounding area

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank davew49
Philippa M, Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience. As you know travelers rely on reviews to make buying decisions so your comments are sincerely appreciated. We are fortunate to be in this Cumberland Galleria area where there are many shopping and dining option. Looking forward to having you select us in the future.
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in business. I arrived after 8 pm after a very long day and the front desk attendant was fabulous. He have me a menu of a local take out place that was great and had toothpaste and a razor sent to my room after I discovered I'd forgotten mine. Great visit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Triciammh
I wanted to take a moment to let you know we are so grateful for your kind words and for sharing your experience. I have your comments with the staff and we hope you make this hotel you choice in Atlanta. Thank you

Philippa Monthrope
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had to relocate while restoration work was being done on our home. 2 weeks turned into 3. :-( But if you have to have a home away from home - this is the place to be! We checked it out ahead of time and knew that the studio would be way too confining when one of us works from home. When we saw the one bedroom, we could not believe the difference in space and accommodations and took it right away. We have high ceilings with a loft that holds a queen bed, and full bath plus closet and dresser. Downstairs the living space is a fully equipped kitchen (although I did bring a lot of stuff from home because I cook everything), spacious living room with fireplace, couch and chair, eating space that comfortably seats 4. A separate enclosed bedroom with full bath and closet and dresser. Three flat screen TV's, wireless and two desks - upstairs and in the bedroom downstairs. Lots of windows and natural light in these one bedroom (penthouse) suites.

Staff is wonderful. Front desk was most helpful with office work I needed to get accomplished. Computer and printer in Lobby free to all guests. The free happy hours with light food are well prepared. Although these are only Monday through Thursday, they were very enjoyable. Onsite coin operated laundry is in excellent condition. Maid service is controlled by you - No service today, day sleeper, or please come later.

Furnishings are updated, clean and in excellent condition. We are so ready to go home, but this has been the best possible scenario for us. Location is wonderful. Lots of shopping, restaurants and food stores nearby. Easily accessible from I-285 and I-75.

Quiet! Have never heard our neighbors and truly felt peaceful throughout our stay. The property stays booked up so don't wait to make reservations if you need/want to be here.

Room Tip: One bedroom units on the back of the property are secluded and the furthest from the street.