Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
US$232
US$227
US$123
US$115
All reviewscobb galleriasmall bathroomrooms are spaciousfree shuttlecourteous staffshuttle servicebraves gamesofa beddesk areafree breakfastlots of restaurantsliving arealong drivegreat place to stayyogurtbusiness triproad trip
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Since we have a small pet we travel with, we always make sure we stay at a pet friendly hotel. When we made the reservations they told us they accept pets under 50lbs. Our dog is only 9lbs. Whe we checked in and announced that we were going to bring in our dog that's when they told us that we had to pay a $150 non-refundable pet fee!!! We could have boarded him for $39 for 3 nights! But what we decided to do was check out of this hotel ASAP and check into the Embassy Suites around the corner where the pet fee was only $50. However, Walter and Jay who worked the front desk were very nice people and extremely friendly. We just were not open to giving Hyatt Place a $150 and none of it was refundable....no sir! Nope not really pet friendly unless your pet has $150 to folk over.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelgirls J
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I were on a romantic weekend getaway and started out at the Doubletree Suites, which we were not happy with, so we switched hotels after the first night. We both agreed that we wish we had stayed at this Hyatt Hotel the first night as well. The staff was amazing, the lobby was beautiful, and the room was gorgeous and immaculate. This hotel was built in 1985 but was completely renovated in 2011. It has a wonderfully urban, Art Deco feel to it. We chose to dine out rather than eat at the hotel restaurant, so I can't comment on that. The beds and pillows are amazingly comfortable and the furniture and decor is beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2013

We all noticed by now that Hyatt needs to invest some serious money to make its Hyatt Place brand competitive again. This particular property is no exception: It is pretty tired looking and in some need of renovations. In addition, my room was not properly cleaned - I found hair all over the place....pretty gross!
Sharing my comments with the front office clerk at check-out, it became obvious that nobody really cared what I had to say. The manager, who happened to be behind the desk as well, just stared at me while chewing her gum with her mouth wide open....I guess they were out of town when Hyatt conducted their latest guest complaint management training....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Milau
Reviewed 24 February 2013

We had a great stay at this Hyatt Place. The rooms are clean and well accommodated, the staff were all professional and friendly, the wireless internet and parking are free and the breakfast was also very good and free. This hotel is one of the best values in the Cumberland Mall area. There are also numerous restaurants just up the street plus a Carabbas and a sports bar just a short walk away. Midtown is less than 15 min away. This is the second time I've stayed at this hotel and the experience was consistent. I plan to stay here again on my future visits

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank VonWash
Reviewed 14 February 2013

Standard Hyatt Place. The hotel is having some renovations completed which did not have an adverse effect on the stay. What I like best about this hotel is its location restaurants. While the Smyrna area is not Midtown a short (1.5 miles) drive to the mall yields some excellent choices, i.e. Cheesecake Factory, Maggianos. Excellent staff, excellent breakfast bar. As previous guests mentioned, WIFI is slow.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business