“Hotel for Local Businesses”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
rinis
“Hotel for Local Businesses”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here for three nights for a conference at the Cobb Galleria. I arrived late on a Monday and was given room 211. Very noisy....it is right behind the elevator and the headboard of the bed is against the elevator bank, so whenever the elevator was in use, I could hear it very clearly. I asked the following morning to change rooms (had to ask twice to get it done). I was given room 421. No elevator noise, but now I could hear the highway and the showers either above or next to me. I tried putting the a/c on to create some white noise - but it would kick on for a few minutes and shut off. Apparently many of the local businesses use this hotel for their out of town staff and they are up nice and early, so the doors start banging at 4:30 (as well as the showers). One morning I even saw a job interview in the lobby while waiting for the shuttle!

I found the hotel staff to be very pleasant. Breakfast starts at 6:30 (wish it was earlier) and was fine. Coffee, juice, tea, cold cereal, some fruit, yogurts, pastries, fruit and each day different hot items - such as english muffin with egg, cheese and either basil or spinach on it, a biscuit with ham and cheese and french toast. There are no trays to bring food up to the room, so you have to sit there and eat, or just grab a cup of coffee and one other item if you are heading back to your room. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service anywhere within a 5 mile radius - this service works on demand, which is great - just call and they will pick you up. Sometimes they are out, but the wait is never very long.

Overall my stay wasn't too bad - it started off on the wrong foot with the airport shuttle dropping me off at a different Hyatt (research the shuttles online before booking - there are warnings on the one that I used, but I found them afterwards). Most of the staff were very nice, really couldn't get any restaurant recommendations from them - but otherwise very accommodating.

Room Tip: Stay from any rooms ending in 11 - those are by the elevators.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Two of us stayed here - and both checked out early. I've stayed here before withouth an issue. My first room - i got in at 1am and there was black balls on the floor. I thought they might be rodent poop but they were some kind of burn that smeared the carpet. I cleaned them - and went to bed. I told the front desk the next day - they said it's film from a filter for the AC and they'd have it fixed. Well that night when i got to the room, there was black stuff everywhere - all over the bedspread and floor. So I got another room. In the second room, the heater/ac didn't work - and i was hot all night. Now I'm at a Fairfield and it's much better. This was always a favorite hotel for me and I enjoy the brand but this one is now old - and the problems were too large so it's off my list. PS - you need better gym equipment - this is where you fail vs. other HPs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelManSouth
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stopped in Atlanta on our way down to Florida. It was really late at night when we arrived, and I was very pleased to have a comfortable and clean room to sleep in. Our room had two double beds and a pull-out couch. The room was very large and very accommodating. The breakfast was very tasty. It was a bit crowded down stairs at breakfast time, but the staff was really friendly and helpful. They kept the bar full. They even brought over a highchair for my niece.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Millsboro, Delaware
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed for one night while traveling on business. Hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The two room suites are very nice and comfortable. If you are staying here, I highly recommend picking up some snacks/food on your way. There isn't room service, and the restaurant doesn't open until later. Other than that, great place to stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Hyatt Place is the low-end of the Hyatt chain, so not too much should be expected. This one lived up to those low standards, but not much more. It did have the best hotel shower I've had in awhile with a gusher flow of hot water. On the negative side, it does not carry The Weather Channel anymore, which I consider a staple for a business traveler. It did have replacement channel that seemed to be tape recorded and more obsessed with weather in places other than where anyone lives.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PeterNH
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I travel fairly frequently; have stayed in many quality hotels. Think I like Hyatt Place the most. Clean, wonderfully sized suites with kitchenette. This one had the best shower jets ever; great way to relieve back stress after a hard day. Decent morning breakfast, including not just coffee, but also Tazo teas and a nice assortment of breads, fruits and cereals along with hot foods. Great rate for the amenities and space, made even better by very friendly and hospitable staff. Bed was quite comfortable, as was entire suite. It felt closest to home than I've otherwise experienced in a hotel. Will definitely make Hyatt Place a main stay when on travel.

Room Tip: I always ask for a high floor; seems more quiet there.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stay at one of my favorite chains while in the Atlanta area. This is a great location close to the airport and to great eating places. The staff is great and attentive. The parking is adequate and well lit. The rooms are clean and roomy and as always you know what to expect from this brand. If you need a great hotel this one is a good one.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Sheraton Suites Galleria Atlanta
HYATT house Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Wingate by Wyndham Atlanta Galleria Center
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Galleria Ballpark Area
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Atlanta - Galleria
Residence Inn Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria? Share your experiences!