“Nice place to stay!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I traveled to Atlanta for some follow up doctor's visits. I am a Carlson Rewards Member and have stayed at many Country Inn and Suites and this one was one of may favorites! Check in was smooth and easy and QUICK, the front desk staff was very helpful and the room was spotless and comfortable! The hotel smelled of fresh baked cookies and a pleasant but not overbearing air freshner! I felt comfortable, so much so that we plan to come back next month and stay here again with our children! The breakfast selected could be upgraded a bit, but it will do!
The cost was reasonable and the location is perfect! Its close to Mid-town Atlanta(we rented a car). There are also SEVERAL fast food and carry out places nearby( Arby's, IHOP, Chick Fil A, McDonalds, Krispy Kreme) to name a few. There are also MANY sit down restaurants and malls with in a 15-20 minute drive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dvus0101
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear dvus0101,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We strive to make our guests stay comfortable. We happy that we met your expectations. I love our cookies as well, maybe a little too much.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and found the location convenient to downtown Atlanta. The room was average...the hotel is in the process of remodeling. The complimentary breakfast was nice...provided several options. The hotel pool was warm but very small....and they have swimming lessons in the pool from 2 or 3 in the afternoon until 7 pm. These lessons are for children who live in the area. Guests are allowed to use the pool during lessons but there is not really any room for the guests because it is such a small pool and they have at least 3 instructors teaching small children. I like to relax on vacation....not wait for swimming lessons to finish!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Karen S,

Thank you for your review. We have almost finsihed a renovation project and should have things back to a 5 star rating very soon. In hopes that you visit us again, your next review will reflect that.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I was concerned about this location when I originally booked.
I trusted trip adviser reviews and they proved right.
I felt safe at this property.
The decor was quaint ... it was a nice surprise.
My room was a bit worn and weathered, but it was fine.
Theresa at the desk was the "quiet type" but very pleasant.
The managers evening special was basic, but nice.
There was a fridge and microwave in my room.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
CISsmynra, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Eulalia_3,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that the other Trip Advisor reviews helped you decide to give us a try. We are happy you felt safe staying with us, we strive to make our guests as safe and comfortable as possible.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel yesterday, and we were very pleased with everything. The young man at the desk when I arrived was friendly and caring. The pool was perfect, breakfast was tasty, the room was clean ( and I am a very picky traveler), and the beds very comfy. We will definitely return to this hotel the next time we are in town.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor. I asked for a very clean room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear travelguru2NewYork,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that our staff made your stay great! I am happy to know we were able to please someone as picky as you. We appreciate all the areas you covered in your review.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My wife and I were visiting the Atlanta area and needed a decent hotel. I checked the area hotels on line and there seemed to be two categories- the $45-65 a night "flea-bag" places and then the $150 and up "expense-account" hotels. I found Country Inn for just a little bit more than the budget places and was pleasantly surprised. They gave us a nice military discount and were very polite and professional at check-in. The room was clean, well-decorated and up-to-date. A nice sized refrigerator and small microwave. We were really surprised at how comfortable the beds were- best night's sleep in a long time! Air conditioner was quiet and worked well. Bathroom was large. Be careful on the shower floor tile. A non-slip mat would be a good idea. I used the internet office and had no problems with it. The full hot breakfast was GREAT! Much better than most places in this price range. The dining room staff were friendly and efficient. We definitely recommend this for the casual traveler or business traveler not on an unlimited expense account! Thanks Country Inns.

Room Tip: Get there early for the ground-floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dulcimer05,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that our staff made your stay great! I know what you mean about the pricing diffrences. Sometimes they can be tricky. Thank you for your suggestion on the rubber mat, I will look into putting one in the room.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Service and amenities suited my needs. Staff was friendly and more than willing to honor my requests. Great location to the city. Lots of local restaurants and malls. I will stay at this location again. Thanks everyone! D. Anderson

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Donna A

Dear Donna A,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that our staff made your stay great! We pride ourself on how close we are to many things in our great city.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here and had a great time. The hotel is well situated being close to shopping, restaurants, and Atlanta's many attractions. The breakfast offered each morning had everything you could want. The staff were courteous and knowledgable. We would stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear spatch05156,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that our staff made your stay great! I see you had our Jacuzzi suite, I hope the tub was easy to work. Sometimes it can get a little tricky when using it.

Bill Farnham

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Galleria Ballpark Area
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna? Share your experiences!