“Terrible night!”

Araamda Inn Smyrna
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
“Terrible night!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I would not recommend this place to anyone! As soon as I got off elevator the 1st thing I see is 2 room next to each other with the doors propped open and the people obviously live there cause it was packed with personal items like a home. Next I open my room door and the smell of marijuana almost knocked me out! There was a used strip of fake eyelashes left on the nightstand and marijuana scattered by the window. Guy at desk was friendly when I checked in but never again! Obvious drug deals were taking place and Cobb County police up and down hallway banging on doors till 5 am! Save yourself money and go up another exit to feel safe.

• Stayed June 2014
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Brandi B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 10 January 2014

My husband and I needed somewhere to stay while we took a week-long class at Emory. This hotel was fantastic overall. The managers and desk people were super helpful and friendly. Our room was always cleaned when we got back from class (although one day, the housekeepers forgot to put new towels when they took the old, so we had to ask for some but that was no big deal).

Location (safety wise) was fantastic. I felt safe the entire week we were there. Getting out of the hotel and on the Interstate in the morning is a headache, but we're used to Atlanta traffic. It took roughly 30-40 minutes to get from the hotel to Emory University, if that gives any sort of idea.

WiFi was consistent and reliable which was really important for doing schoolwork.

Cable TV had plenty of options.

The refrigerator is a typical mini-fridge in that the freezer is only big enough for one small ice tray and nothing else. So don't rely on having a freezer, only a fridge. Both the fridge and microwave were up-to-date.

Don't rely on the complimentary breakfast for your breakfast. During the week we were there, there was bread with a toaster and the chocolate covered little Hostess donuts. There was milk, apple juice, and Tang (maybe?) that was somewhat luke warm. So, basically, don't plan on a full complimentary breakfast.

If you are visiting in the cold weather time, give your heater time. The first day, the heater seemed to be blowing warm and cool air so we turned it off and were cold throughout the night. We decided to start the heater when we left for class and when we got back, it was great! So just be patient with it.

We didn't try the fitness center, but it looked like it had one treadmill, one elliptical, and a TV inside the room.

Room Tip: When we got there, we upgraded from a standard room to a "suite" which included a futon an...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank alainah2014
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The daytime manager is confused and actually laughed in my face when I told him again about the young Indian housekeeper who disrespected me instead of apologizing for not cleaning my room. I had told this Indian manager very very clearly that since she disrespected me and was so rude and arrogant even, than I do not want to have her clean my room. However the next opportunity for cleaning of my room, guess who was doing it? That is when he laughed in my face when I questioned him about why he did that and did not even ask me. She just said, laughing, "she's nice." So this is not a place you can get proper treatment. My room was also cleaned 3 days late and this same manager was responsible for that huge mistake. My room was becoming so ugly to me that I could not take it. There is a very nice gentleman from Pakistan who works in the evening and another very nice Pakistani young man who works in the daytime. It is the Indian staff who are disrespectful. Please do not stay here if you value your dignity!!!!

Room Tip: No swimming pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank KariShaz
Conyers, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I will recommend who need a place to stay for a week or more to stop by this place. The staff is great. Mike and Angela are always there for whatever my needs maybe. Also, I have to give thanks to the cleaning crew. My rooms is always clean and neat. I wish I could take them with me.
Thank you for your wonderful hospitality.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

This place is awful. Everyone else's room had a nice room sign next to the door. When we got to our room, there were mailbox number stickers on the door. We walked in and air freshener hits you like a ton of bricks. My boyfriend ended up not being able to sleep because the air freshened caused him to have a coughing spell all night long. We both slipped multiple times because the oily air freshener was coating the faux hardwood floor. The bed is hard as a rock. It felt like the springs were coming through the bed. There were cobwebs, hair clumps and bug carcasses on the floor near the bed. The toilet and tub were dirty, the Kleenex box was rusted and part of the mirror was blacked out. The sign said $44 but we paid more than double that for this regular room. The tv is a flat screen but very fuzzy. The wi-fi was painfully slow. It took 5 minutes to search something on google, so don't even think about trying to stream any video. It was definitely not worth the money for a horrible nights sleep. Luckily it was only for one night. I would never dream of recommended this hotel to anyone for one night, let alone an extended stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 March 2013

This place is a great bargain for the price. The service and rooms are great. the front desk folks are so friendly they make you feel welcome and at home. I stumbled upon this place and will highly recommend staying here for the price and service.

Room Tip: Please stay in either the suite or delux rooms.. The price is not that different...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Smyrna, Georgia
Reviewed 13 March 2013

i love this hotel. i come here everytime im in town. the staff is wonderful and they really know how to make you feel like your at home. rooms are clean and they also serve breakfast. the manager angela is so sweet. mrs angela really makes me wanna keep coming back to this hotel.. beside the clean rooms and theres never any problems with the guest.

Room Tip: rooms on the 3rd floor are great.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business