“Nice Place - Great Price - Awesome Service!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Nice Place - Great Price - Awesome Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I travel extensively for business and this is the nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed in. The room is clean, updated and offers a seperate bedroom so business can be conducted in the living area. This is be my new home away from home when traveling to Atlanta.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lisa C
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Lisa, C
Wow! What a wonderful compliment! THANK YOU SO MUCH! We greatly appreciate this wonderful review on the TripAdvisor website. Thank you for choosing our hotel. Comments such as yours mean a great deal to our team.. Thank you again, and we hope we will see you back soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

We reserved a room at this hotel when we were going to a convention in the Cobb Galleria Centre. We usually stay at the con's Sheraton or at other fairly nice hotels when we don't reserve the con hotel in time. This Comfort Inn was about a 6 minute drive from the convention, was a much better price than the recommended overflows, and most importantly, available. The photos made it look good, but that is often the case with hotel photos, so I remained just a little skeptical. I was pleasantly surprised on arrival. It felt fairly fresh and new in Sept. 2012. From what I've observed, it has had a renovation. The lobby was welcoming and had a nice seating area. There was quaint stairway that reminded me of an old fashioned hotel. The lady we often seen at the counter was very friendly, professional and helpful. Our room wasn't incredible, but it surprised me in quality. Everything felt very, very clean. The only flaws in the room were a few chips in a spot high on the wall and, before we left, a dripping A/C unit, which we reported. The A/C issue didn't give problems, but if unnoticed could be problematic later. Our room had a coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator. Music and loud talking could be heard through walls, but we were lucky that no sounds lasted long when we went. This place was fairly quiet even as an overflow for a convention that attracts a lot of people under 25, so if you go for AWA and like sleep, this is good. Adjacent to the lobby, There is a tiny, 4-5 ft deep indoor pool. I wanted to swim (or more accurately, wade...), but didn't get to. The pool area and workout room seemed well-cared for. We didn't deal with or use housekeeping the time we were there, only felt their presence in the cleanliness of the hotel and some brief music in the nearby maintenance room. Breakfast was decent and varied for a hotel in the price range. The hotel is very close to several fast food places and a Target. I highly recommend this hotel, especially as a con overflow!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Caldoria
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 25 October 2012
Hello, Caldoria
Wow! what a awseome and honest review of our hotel. My staff really enjoyed reading your comments of our hotel. We thank you and hope you visit us again to see how are continuing striving for prefection.

Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2012

Hotel management and personnel went the extra mile to make our bad experience with another area comfort inn all but disappear. It was very refreshing to actually see employees that enjoy their jobs and have a geniune concern for the guest. This hotel is the standard by which all others should be judged. The lobby, breakfast area, guest rooms, and pool were well maintained and created a comforting experience. The hotel has been beautifully updated with modern decor, neutral color palette, very soft and inviting King beds and most importantly for my husband flat screen tvs with Direct Tv. We look forward to staying at this location again very soon!

Room Tip: King Suites are "The Best" and are a great value.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JBLucas
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 4 October 2012
Hi BJLucas,

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences at our hotel. We were honored to have you as a guest. We look forward to your return. Again Thank you, Hope to see again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We learned the night we stayed was their first night under a new banner. The staff was great, the room was lovely, clean, and quite. The beds are so comfortable. . updated bathroom, also. The continental breakfast room was clean and stocked, the lobby was very inviting. This is a great, safe hotel. And, Papadeaux's was close by and recommended by our hotel clerk. That was also a great place!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank RainbowJoRus
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 21 September 2012
Hello, Twopurdy
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. My staff and I enjoyed having you as our guest.
Please visit us whenever you return to Smyrna, Georgia. Have a wonderful day.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

It's always a plesure staying here because the rooms are like the rooms at Sheraton hotel, but a lot less the cost. I also enjoyed the hopitality of the front desk. The gentelman we spoke to was Eric Hill. He made us feel as though we knew him for years as talked about music.

I would diffently reccomand this fellow business accoiates and our customers.

Room Tip: always go for the suites with knig size beds.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank pgord40
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Hi Pgord40,
Thank you for such great Accolades’ We were honored to have you stay with us and look forward to your return. Thank you again,
Jenkintown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

My daughter and I arrived around 6:00pm and we had no issues getting checked in. We were greeted by EJ who was very pleasant. The first room we were in had issues with the air conditioning. We notified EJ and he moved us right away. The second room did not have a refrigerator or microwave like the first room and the door had to be slammed to close all the way. EJ offered to move us again, but we would have had to move upstairs and I did not feel like moving a third time after driving 13 hours from Philadelphia. The next morning when greeted by staff I was asked about my stay so far and I mentioned the issues to the staff member. He didn't offer to move me, but suggested that I sign up for a Choice Hotels membership. I completed the form and stayed in this room until I checked out. Overall, my stay was not bad. The hotel was very quiet, bed was comfortable, LOVED the bathroom, and staff was pleasant including the housekeeping staff who were also consistent each day with coming to clean the room. My only suggestion is to fix the A/C unit in room 213 and fix the door for room 209 and it needs a microwave and refrigerator. I wouldn't mind staying here again during another trip to Atlanta:)

Room Tip: I personally liked staying on the 1st floor, but the ice and vending machines are only on the 4th fl...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for your comments. We really value your suggestions and appreciate your feedback. I am elated to report that we have the corrections. Thank You! Please don't heistate to call us and make your next reservation whenever you are in the Smyrna/Marrietta area.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dione Cammon, CHA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

The staff worked really well with my wife who is handicap. The Check in time wasn't till 3PM but we arrived in town around 1:30 PM & they let us check in with no extra charge. The space in the rooms is very spacey. The room is like a mini suite. The bed room was separate from the living area. 2 TV's a wet bar & most of all the most quietest hotel we have ever been at. The only problem we had was the smoke detectors battery died & started squeaking but, Eric from the front desk had the problem solved in no time. We have paid more for other hotels with less aminaties but, this one we paid less & got more than we ever had at other hotels. Oh by the way we talked to the GM on the way out & she said at the end of this moth to expect a lot more aminaties & there prices are not changing. This hotel is a MUST STAY!!!!! Thanks Eric for taking care of us during our stay. You & the rest of the crew ROCK!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Billy C
Thank you, our goal is to provide not just great service but to make all of our guests part of our family and to provide an Awesome experience. We look forward to your return when you are in the Smyrna/Marrietta area.

Dione Cammon,CHA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna
Hyatt Regency Suites Atlanta Northwest
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna? Share your experiences!