“The way it should be!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights in April. The staff was friendly, the room was great and really this is all we ever saw as we weren't at the hotel much just to sleep at night. We didn't swim in the pool FYI it's an indoor pool that is NOT heated. The room was clean everything worked the way it should. Also, surprising to us the room was so quiet!! The location is great close to most everything. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank OneloveVT
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

Thank you, our goal is to provide not just great service but to make all of our guests part of our family and to provide an Awesome experience. We look forward to your return when you are in the Smyrna/Marrietta area

Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed here on our way back from Florida. The hotel was clean and seemed adequate for us. We were very tired and needed to sleep . However, we were kept awake for much of the night by the music that was coming from the nearby gas station. Certainly not the hotel's fault! I would advise future guests to ask for a room at the front of the hotel.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2013

We arrived a little late and did not get the room that we booked. A few things in the room were broken. Security latch on door, a wall outlet was cracked and potentially dangerous for blittle children and the clothing rack was hanging off the wall. The indoor pool was ice cold and I guess it's my fault that I assumed it would be heated like all other indoor pools that we have experienced with choice hotels. I think it should be in the description on the reservation page as I specifically changed hotels because it had an indoor pool. Uck, sad girls at the end of a long day. Breakfast was normal and the lady working there was supper sweet and attentive.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I frequent this particular hotel, because every time I stay, It is wonderful. The staff is very accomodating. Anything that I ask for, they provided. They really do make request simple. The staff made me feel welcomed and safe. My room was exceptionally clean, the breakfast area was well kept during my stay. Overall this was a great experience and I will return again and again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gina H
GA861, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Hi Gina H
Thanks for the great review and awesome recommendation. We are glad you selected our hotel. We were glad to go above and beyond to accommodate you while you stayed with us. As the GM , I'm proud to say, thats the norm for my awesome staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Thank you,

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We stayed five nights. The 1st night, the Internet was down, with no timeline given for resolution of the issue. It was working the next day, but only 1 of the 2 computers in the business center ever worked. We were able to connect to the Wi-Fi available at the hotel across the street. The 2nd night, the keycards to our room no longer worked, and we had to get them reactivated at the front desk. The person at the front desk asked us to give our room number out loud in front of other hotel guests and did not ask for ID when reactivating the cards. This did not make me feel confident in our safety at the hotel. When I asked for a bottle opener at the front desk, the staff person offered to come up to my room with a staple remover to try to open a couple of Coke bottles. I found this inappropriate and brought the bottles down to the desk. He was not able to locate a bottle opener and fortunately, a fellow hotel guest came to the rescue with a bottle opener before the staff person stabbed himself with staple remover attempting to open the bottles. One night, when we asked for more toilet paper at the front desk, we were told that the whole hotel was out and that the shipment would not arrive until the next day. We ended up going to the Target down the street to buy our own. Upon checkout we found out that there was really toilet paper, just downstairs where the front desk person was unaware of it. That is ridiculous and no one even apologized when we brought it to their attention. One reason for choosing this hotel was the indoor pool. The 1st night, we found out that the pool is not heated, so it was freezing. It was raining and the roof was also leaking a lot of water into the pool area. The front desk staff had no idea it was happening until I reported it. The pool was then "closed for maintenance" during the remainder of our stay. This was very disappointing. One of the TVs in our room did not work right as there was a huge delay before the channel would change even when using a different remote. We had a room with a sofa bed and housekeeping took the blanket that went with the sofa bed away, and we had to ask for another at the front desk. Housekeeping was also inconsistent in the number of towels they supplied to our room each day. If one or two of these mishaps had happened during our stay, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but I was very disappointed in the occurrence of all of these incidents. I chose this hotel partly because of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor, but, at this point, I would not recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We were disappointed to find this motel in the Choice group. The motel did need some work. If you are a wifi person, forget it. Upon checking in I tried to sign on, NOTHING. I went down to the desk and asked if the Wifi was working. He said he thought so and to try again. I went to the Business Center to try there, it also was not working. I told clerk and he said try in 30 minutes, if it still was not working he would try to contact his manager. YUP, still nothing. I told the clerk, he said he couldn't get ahold of his manager. WELL, we were on the end next to another motel and I tried their Wifi, IT DID WORK, and I used theirs.

I also asked for a first floor room, we were put on the 4th floor and there were only about 8 to 10 cars in the parking lot. The elevator ride was interesting, it was slow, jerky and didn't line up with the floor it stopped on. I wasn't sure if we were going to get stuck or not.
The breakfast was OK, but could have been more of an selection, Yogurt, cereal, etc.

Room Tip: If you want to use Wifi, good luck.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi, James C
We appreciate your candid feedback and are grateful for the opportunity to understand what improvements we can make to ensure you are comfortable while staying with us. We apologize you had trouble connecting to our WiFi as well as receiving a “jerky ride” on the elevator. We thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our goal is to make sure your ride on the elevator is smooth and WiFi connection is fast. We would be honored if you return to our hotel whenever you're in the Smyrna area.
Again, Thank you

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I had a few nights stay plus used the business meeting room plus on-site business center. I was very impressed with the front desk professionals who were very helpful and courteous. The hotel looks brand new inside and out and the stay was very comfortable. I would definitely come back and plan to! Thanks.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Janet W

Hi Janet W
Thanks for the high recommendation. We take pride in our top notch hotel and awesome staff. Our goal is to be your HOME AWAY FROM HOME! while providing perfect service. We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smyrna
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Atlanta Northwest at SunTrust Park
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Cobb Galleria
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Smyrna
Comfort Inn & Suites Galleria
Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Cumberland Mall
Red Roof Inn Atlanta - Smyrna

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna? Share your experiences!