“Visiting friends”

Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Smyrna
“Visiting friends”
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

My stay was wonderful!! The staff were very friendly and helpful. I really felt very comfortable in my room. The sitting areas were very inviting. I commend the staff for being available when needed.

I would recommend this comfort inn to everyone.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Tonya Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Mickey,

Thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to comment on our property. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay. We know you have plenty of options; so thank you for choosing us!

If you need future reservation please let me know by contacting me directly.

Tonya Young

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We booked a room here for a five-day getaway because the price was right. We were surprised by how nice our room was. It was spacious, clean, and well-maintained, with two flat-screened TV's. The hotel staff and GM were great; they checked us in- and out without a hiccup. They were also pleasant and very helpful. They gave us really good information about places we wanted to see and restaurants to try during our stay. When we went down for breakfast, there was always a nice selection of hot and cold items to choose from- including fresh fruit, and the staff kept everything well-stocked and clean. I'd say this is a lot of bang for the buck. I would definitely recommend this location, and I would also book another stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tonya Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed here 9 months due to work in the area. We can not say enough great things about the wonderful hotel staff. The food is done very well. Housekeeping is straight on.The issues we had was the pool is ice cold and broken down often...green water and no heat! The GM is not pleasant and that is why we moved. Corporate was notified of her actions. We would have stayed another two months but it became an unfriendly environment. It is a great place and great staff...the GM needs hospitality training!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Tonya Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your experience here this past August. We enjoyed having your presences.
I take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction is met. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—expectations.
I deeply valued your relationship with my team and am always committed to providing you, and all guest with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best.
If you would like to further discuss this matter, please feel free to contact me directly.

Yours in service,
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Just stayed this past weekend for the Atlanta football classic and wasn't overly impressed. Upon Check-in I was greeted by the property manager and a front desk worker who both seemed overly nice. I immediately told them that I work in the hospitality industry as well. The check-in process was efficient. The rooms here are in pristine condition, but the maintenance or lack there of, really makes the hotel look bad as a whole. Our lights went out in the bathroom about an hr after check in and when we called the FD the guest services person told us that we'd have to wait til the night maintenance person comes to work at 11pm..REALLY??? 4 hrs of no lights in the bathroom = discount at our establishment, but we were just asked to wait. Needless to say, this put a damper on our plans to shower, get dressed n enjoy Atl nightlife and in the process I stepped into s flooded bathroom bc the pipe underneath the sink mysteriously came loose and of course I didn't know bc we had no electricity to see it. We eventually had to move. Idk if it was bc it was 20 mins b4 her shift ended, but I did not like the service I received and hated her reluctance to offer a refund/discount ot at least an apology. Other than this experience, the hotel quality is great for the price. I just wished the no electricity/flooded bathroom situation was handled better bc we wasted precious time and wasn't ready to step out until 1am.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank wayneswhirl
Tonya Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Wayne,

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. Please call me directly to make those future reservations.

Rincon, Georgia
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I was hesitant to book a room here because the price seemed too low to be good. I booked a room for $79.00 and I've had many bad experiences below 80 dollars. I was politely greeted when I arrived for check in. I was treated great and everyone on the staff that I dealt with was just wonderful. The lobby, front desk, the hallways, pool area and workout room were very clean and well decorated. I was shocked at how nicely appointed my room was. The bathroom was clean and had a solid surface vanity. The bed was very comfortable and the television was a good sized flat screen. The air conditioner worked properly. The room furnishings were new looking and very comfortable. The free high speed internet is very fast for my work. In the morning, the breakfast was great and well stocked. I can't say enough how nice the front desk people are. I've been back three times and I just booked again. I will drive a little farther in Atlanta to stay here. It's always a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Tonya Y, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Smyrna, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you so much for sharing you experience here our property. We appreciate you taking time out of your day to do so. When ever in the Atlanta area please contact me directly to set up your future reservations.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Front desk were very friendly! My only request is for black-out curtains. The brightness made it difficult to sleep-in. My room was clean and I didn't experience any musty hallway smells as others were stating. Love the location- close to everything. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Pearls4
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Hotel has been recently renovated and looks great inside and out. We checked in and were given a room on the 2nd floor (main level). As soon as we walked in I noticed several stains on the couch cushions. Went to use the Bathroom and I noticed that the toilet had an overflow issue so we requested a different room. We had to go up to the 4th floor supposedly a non smoking room, but the smoke smell was awful in the whole hallway and so it also lingered into the room up there. I'm done with Choice Hotels and going back to the Hilton hotels. You really do get what you pay for most of the time. Although I will say that the young man on staff that night was extremely friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: If you want non smoking, do not go to the 4th floor at all. Even non-smoking rooms smell like smoke!