“Awesome food for great prices.”
Review of Maru Sushi

Maru Sushi
Ranked #17 of 216 Restaurants in Smyrna
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2013

This family owned restaurant is our family's favorite. The atmosphere is great, the service is wonderful, the food is delicious. We never get tired of it. And they have a lunch buffet on weekdays that is to die for.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

They did have a good variety of sushi on the buffet including snapper, salmon, and tuna. The hot items were not to my liking at all. The beef was extremely chewy. The rice had eggs in it and my husband nor I don't eggs. My husband asked if they could make him rice without eggs and they said no because the rice comes premixed with eggs...ok. Well they offered him steamed rice and charged two dollars for it. Wish they would have said they were charging me for it before they put it on the bill. The chicken wings tasted old...but hey you go to a sushi buffet to eat sushi, not wings. They he only two items that I liked on the hot bar which was crab ragoons and meatballs. The waiters were nice and attended to us well.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

The lunch buffet is great. Bring an empty stomach!

All of the servers are great. I've never had a bad experience there.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Maru is a very nice local Smyrna sushi restaurant. I eat here several times a month, and enjoy both the lunch buffet and dinner menu. I am usually pretty wary of sushi buffets, but the fish here is always fresh. The owner and staff are great and welcoming. The funny thing is that almost invariably, I see someone from my office there at lunch and it is not that convenient! I guess we all just appreciate the food, atmosphere, and value.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We go here often; it is our sushi go-to in this area for birthdays, friends visiting, "it was a long week and we need some sushi." I find their sushi to be fresh, they have creative options, and the service is fairly quick and very friendly. We have eaten here for both lunch (buffet) and dinner. I prefer dinner but the lunch buffet is fine.

Meanwhile, our 10-year-old son is not so interested in sushi so it made him happy to find that they not only have chicken tempura he finds acceptable -- but ketchup to go with it. Plus they serve him milk.

Been to Maru Sushi? Share your experiences!