“Still great after all these years” 5 of 5 bubbles

Blue Willow Inn
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chickamauga, Georgia
“Still great after all these years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

My husband and I have sojourned to Social Circle from our home in Chattanooga 2 or 3 times a year for many years just for the Blue Willow. One can only imagine how distressed I was when I read some of the negative reviews folks had written about it. We drove down today because I'm a "show me" kind of girl. Our reservation was for 11:00. When we pulled in parking lot the house was gorgeous, as it always is at this time of year. There was a crowd at the door when we walked in. A few meetings and Holiday luncheons I think. Everyone was seated in just a few minutes, so, no big deal. I had lemonade, which was wonderful and my husband said the iced tea was perfect. We waited a few minutes so the crowd could thin out a little before going to the buffet. I walked around and took pictures of the Christmas decorations while we waited. There was plenty of everything except the delish fried green tomatoes. I mentioned it to the staff and they were replenished in seconds. They have the best cornbread dressing on the planet. The turkey was moist and everything else was seasoned to perfection. To be honest I didn't even look at the soup and salad bar. I was too overwhelmed by everthing else. The dessert bar looked great but I always go a little nuts with the cobbler. It DID NOT disappoint. Yummy as I remembered it to be. Now, as for the review that said the little lady at the sign in podium was not nice.....they must have been at a different restaurant than I go to. Carol Burnette, yes that's her real name, could not be sweeter. She got us seated and told me I could take all the pictures I wanted. All the staff is attentive and helpful. I could find no fault with our visit. I suggest you ignore the negative reviews and visit the Willow. You will be delighted and happy when you leave. I know we will continue our visits whenever we get the chance. Good eats people!!

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank genni706

Greer, South Carolina
“Just Good, Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I wanted this to be better than what I experienced. The people are friendly and polite. This is good southern food, but falls short of being great southern food. The food is southern, but is not prepared the southern way and also pricey for what you get.The biscuits do not appear to be home made, the pie crusts are not flaky and vegatables are not seasoned properly for the south. The two items that were above average are fried chicken and the banana pudding. I was born and raised in the south. The food here just falls short.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Southern at it's finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Great southern cookin'. Trust me when I tell you I know what I am talking about. Thus is the real deal.

1 Thank jaredbrandau
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

We tried Blue Willow on Thanksgiving for the first time. Great food and service! Will definitely be back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank diande_76
Social Circle, Georgia
“Good Southern Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

If you want to try some good southern cooking then head out to Social Circle, Georgia. This place has a great atmosphere and wonderful food. It is buffet style but you will still have a waitress to bring your drinks and clean plates. My favorite item on the menu is the chicken & dumplings. Sometimes I skip dessert and just have more!

• Visited April 2013