“Its bad...”
Review of Beaver House Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Statesboro
Beaver House Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Statesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 February 2014

We went there for a bridesmaids dinner its not very impressive. The food is something you can cook at home theirs nothing really great about it. The staff can be rude! The building definitely needs an upgrade, the wall and ceiling paint is peeling in spots.The inside is also dirty! Overall the whole place could do with a renovation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank samantha m

Reviewed 16 May 2013

food was tasteless and the restrooms so dirty,,i don't understand how they can pass state or city inspections...we met family there because they saw on the internet it was a good place to go for family style type dinners....must have been an old review,,,we didn't even want to touch the restroom door.....sign says Inn and restaurant ????? or lunches and dinner served...???

Room Tip: didn't stay there after experiencing the poor cleanliness or rest rooms etc.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Forty five minutes after our reservation we finally were served bread/rolls. Our dinner arrived with a plateful of turkey scraps, not one single slice or drumstick! We, surprisingly, wanted gravy with our dinner. It finally arrived after four requests and, of course, our dinner was cold. To be fair, our second turkey platter had some slices on it, thank goodness. Otherwise the dinner would have been a complete bust. To add insult to injury, dessert was served without a single plate having been removed from the table! We, the paying guests, had to stack dishes to make room for dessert. The only other time we were there we attributed that to being a new waitress. Obviously, the staff has not been trained properly! As for us, new residents in Statesboro, we will never go there again and will spread the word to everyone we meet!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Where to begin...having recently dined at the Beaver House Inns restaurant for my nephews wedding rehearsal dinner our party was held in 2 side rooms of the Inn. Disgust and disappointment sum up our experience. Dirty walls (finger prints that you could identify someone by), dirt streaked windows and dead insects lined the window sills, this was the setting for what was supposed to be a happy family event. The food was tasteless, hard to believe that it was professionally prepared. No wanting of seconds!

I e-mailed the management when I got home detailing our experience, I'm still waiting for a reply.

Locals say the Inn is haunted, all I can suggest is that maybe the staff should leave a list of chores for the
ghosts to perform overnight. Who knows, they might so a better job of keeping the place clean.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Jo924
Reviewed 24 February 2010

I went for lunch with a group of friends and family on a cold day. The dining room was about 55 degrees. The food arrived barely warm and soon was as cold as the room. It should have been served on warmed plates. The amount of food served for 8 people was about enough for 4. I was very disappointed.

Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank southerner77
Reviewed 8 January 2010

I was a bit Leery since I never eaten at a boarding house restaurant, but I am so glad we did.

I was shocked when I read a previous review about not getting enough food. When we walked into the restaurant, the 1st thing we noticed was a sign at the bottom of the white board menu stating ‘seconds were a complement’. Not only was everything wonderful, but we had more than enough food. Our server asked us repeatedly if we wanted more food. Trust me, you won't go away hungry

Most people talk about the chicken, but for me it was the pork chops. Oh, man these were Mmm Mmm good. Moist and tender with amazing light batter.

We all loved the cabbage and greens, which had a wonderful spicy flavor.

The only thing that disappointed was the Inn ran out of the peach cobbler.

Although Statesboro is out of my way, we will surly make the Beaver House Inn a traditional stop on travels to Fl.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mountaineer_Steve
Reviewed 6 November 2009

My husband and I went to the Beaver House Inn for lunch. We had the "family style" lunch with fried chicken... and seven side dishes. Each and every side dish was room temperature nothing was warm. All the vegatables were canned. And the wonderful fried chicken that we had read so much about... we were given 2 pieces. Then when we asked for seconds, we were given one tiny leg. Come on... This has got to be a joke, right? We would never recommend this place to eat.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple