“What to expect in the Boro”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Chops on Main - CLOSED

Chops on Main
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Conveniently located in historic downtown Statesboro, Chops on Main provides that elegant flair in a cozy southern environment. Locally owned and proud member of farmers market serving many local products and ingredients prepared by a talented culinary team. Also, nice adult crowd in the tavern area. Try our specialty driink Georgia peach!
Statesboro, Georgia
“What to expect in the Boro”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Overall not a bad place. I've had better food as far as quality and taste but for small town it's pretty standard.

• Visited July 2014

“Bland overpriced”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The food was just ok. There were 11 in our party and not one person are half of their food. I ordered the ribeye which as stated was just ok. The potatoes were unedible and the grits down right shameful. The food was over priced for the quality. The service was good but the food came out cold. The resturant was nearly empty which should have been a sign. The resturant it's self has a nice atmosphere but we were all freezing which made the food even more difficult to enjoy.

Georgia Coast, Georgia
“Bad Ribeye”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My husband and I have dined at Chops several times before and it was good. But on Thursday night 7/3 (our anniversary), was another story. The restaurant did not seem to be busy (5:45pm), but did have a wedding rehearsal dinner going on. We order drinks, which took 15 minutes to come, and then ordered entrees. They arrived about 30 minutes later. My husbands ribeye was ordered medium and it arrived very rare, and looked as if it was the but-end, Very fatty and looked like it had been in a tug of war. He sent it back, requesting a better steak and cooked as requested. Meanwhile, I am eating my food, which as just OK. About 20 minutes later, his steak came and we got it in a to-go box, because he had eaten hit baked potato and I was done eating.

The waitress apologized and said that the kitchen was backed up, but did not offer to make any compensation and the manager did not even come by. The bill as $71, put tip (yes we did tip)

So if you go, ask if they have any special parties scheduled, and Don't order the ribeye. Also they were out of stip steaks.

Poorly Managed

• Visited July 2014
CROSS HILL
“Bad food-very disappointed”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My husband, daughter and I dined here on Tuesday night to celebrate her birthday. The three of us were seated promptly but at an odd shaped table which could have easily held six when there were many empty booths which would have been more conducive to conversation for the three of us. We ordered an appetizer of homemade chips and tortilla chips with two dips, blue cheese and spinach. The blue cheese dip was pretty good. The spinach dip was not so good..pretty much like eating plain spinach with no other flavor. Mind you this was $14 appetizer. Our Caesar salads were OK but nothing special. My daughter and I ordered the smothered chicken entree. The chicken was VERY DRY. ( I had to drink lots of water to get it down.) Instead of being smothered there was a little sauce and a few peppers, and onions atop the chicken. My daughters green beans, which I tasted, were very good but my baked sweet potato was over cooked and very stringy.
My husband ordered the shrimp and grits but did not eat it. He said it had the consistency of this mornings oatmeal and tasted about the same. (This is a man who never complains about restaurant meals.). He did eat the 4 small shrimp in the
dish. Our total bill was a little over $90 W/O the tip. We felt ripped off. We won't be going back anytime soon, if ever.

• Visited June 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“they lost our reservation but it turned out ok”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

this was a very nice restaurant and the prices were reasonable for a nice restaurant. Love the inside decor and the roominess and how spread out the tables are. I had the Sea bass that was fabulous Rest of party had steak and they both enjoyed them Desserts were just so so The wait staff was good. We did have to ask for bread We would go again if ever in the area

• Visited May 2014