“Last time to stay”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Statesboro
A TripAdvisor Member
Cumming
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This will be my last time to stay at this location. Our room smelled so heavily of smoke that my allergies were triggered. The management did spray the room 4 times but it did not even dent the smoke smell and i was told there were no other rooms available. My previous visit we were eaten up with fleas. Luckily no fleas this time. The free breakfast was not available after 9am as it had already been picked over and cleaned up,

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 8 March 2012

I am a frequent traveler and had never stayed with Laquinta before. I am Platinum with Hilton Honors and Gold with Marriott.

My wife and I travelled to last weekend (March 3, 2012) to Statesboro, Ga to meet my son who was to play a Rugby match Emory vs. Ga Southern. We choose Laquinta cause we had our dog (we live 5 hours away).

My son arrived from Atlanta the day before to join us for the match and had his own room with his friend.

Every part of our stay was perfect, our stress was due to the storms and tornadoes that were ripping threw the area. The Rugby match was cancelled and after breakfast the team went back to Atlanta and we headed back to Florida.

The staff of the hotel were kind and professional realizing the storms severity. As we were packing up one housekeeper came out with a Rugby shirt my son left in his room. I left my appointment book(I am a Psychologist) and address book in the room, consider the stress of weather so severe it made national news. While we made our way back to Florida, a 5 hour trip that took 12 hours due to severe weather, we got a text that I left the books in the room.

The text was from Shanda German, front desk manager. We spoke with a front desk professional Ms. Jess Cirino, who had checked us in and recommended very good choices for restaurants in the area. Ms. Cirino that evening located my appointment book and address book and was kind enough to fax me this weeks appointments. She also went to fedex store on Monday and overnighter me the books. I am sure she did this on her own time. I am a one man office and had she had not faxed the weeks appointments I would have just spent 10 hours a day in the office to see who turned up.

Please feel free to use my name and information, I am more than impressed by your staff.

Howard Sherman
Lake Mary, Fl

Room Tip: we had two rooms on the first floor, best for wheelchairs and pets. if you have a pet or special...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Statesboro, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 5 March 2012

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I realize this is a college town, however, it had basic things that were a problem. Even with a cheap price.

Let's start with the good first. The rooms were good size and lighting in halls were good. Service during checking in was also ok.

Now the not so good....My room had cigarette burns and smelled. We had another family with us so we met down at the "pool". It was disgusting and clearly not maintained well.

Would not recommend unless you don't have other options.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I'm a LaQuinta Rewards Elite Member and have stayed with this chain for over 20 years coast to coast - about 100 nights a year. Generally, I LOVE this chain HOWEVER this particular location is a franchise and it operates with a much lower standard than I have come to expect with LaQuinta over the years. Bar none, this is the absolute worst LaQuinta I have ever stayed it. The front desk is rude. I was directed to the pool and times, breakfast and times, etc... at check in but they failed to mention that the pool seems permanently closed after you check in - just as well because it's absolutely filthy. Breakfast closes earlier than they tell you. There wasn't enough toilet paper in the room for even one night's stay. And although the beds looked fabulous at first site, I spent the entire night trying not to roll off the worn out mattress and the sheets and blankets are made for a smaller sized bed so that was a wrestling match all night too. Old tv's in the rooms. And they're "PET TOLERANT" not so much "PET FRIENDLY" - meaning pet owners really get the crappiest they have to offer. Very disappointing for my favorite hotel chain. Not at all pleased.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AngelaCatirina
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Ok--We have been staying here just about every weekend in the fall during football for four years. The reason....walking distance from GA Southern Football and they allow pets. We've had good rooms and bad. Our experience has declined over the past three years. It was not until our last visit (our daughter knew the front desk clerk--a student) that my "liking" our choice was restored. The first floor is old and dated. We were in a smoking room once that was AWFUL! The last time we were there we were placed on the third floor. It is like a different world from the first floor. Updated rooms--clean and fresh. Lobby is small--breakfast has declined over the years but when you have a pet this is about the only choice we have found! The earlier you make your reservation the cheaper it is. But I can tell you it is not worth as one person stated $199. In the room on the third floor--we were on the end--There was a king bed, pull out sofa--and you could have fit an air mattress on the floor. You can walk to the stadium that is the plus. December graduation is at Hanner...so this is not the ticket!

Room Tip: Third floor seems to be the newest! We had a corner room. I will ask for that from now on!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Most of the hotels in Statesboro are old and smelly. This one is slightly newer and fairly clean...as long as you ask for a suite. We initially booked a regular King Room but as soon as we walked in the door we smelled this horrible cloud of smoke. It was absolutely awful. It was supposed to be a nonsmoking room, but the odor of old stale cigarettes was undeniable. We asked for a different room, they put us in a suite it was 100 times better.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family