“Needs a little bit more work.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Georgetown, South Carolina
“Needs a little bit more work.”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

The room was nice, however, it could use a little more work. The pillow cases and sheets had tears in them. There were visible rodent baits in the room. The bathroom was clean, loved the shower. All in all it wasn't too bad, price was good. Like I said just need to work on the bed linens, then it would receive 5 stars.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Camm22
Susan P, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Stockbridge, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
I'm very sorry we did not enjoy your stay.We do hope you weill give us another chance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Vernon Hills
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My family stayed on Aug. 2nd on our way to Fl. The hotel was between two mediocre looking hotels and I was concerned about sharing parking lot space. The Sleep Inn in comparison to the others was well maintained. We checked into our non smoking room which we requested. The room was clean and odor free so I was happy. Due to the fact that I have asthma, if I smell any smoke from previous customers, I request a room change. Thankfully I didn't have to. Our stay was pleasant and we checked out on Sat. and had no issues. When we returned home Sat. the 10th of Aug., our bank statement revealed they took out 100.00 fee for smoking! I called to ask to speak to a manager to find out what this was regarding and she said there was no manager in until Mon. morning. Does anyone else find it annoying that they can't get issues resolved on the weekend? I called back today and spoke with a manager who said I would have to speak with the owner. When I asked to do so I was told he wasn't in. I've been calling all day to speak with him and still haven't heard from him. My issue is still not resolved. I will never stay at a hotel again that doesn't have a parent corporation company again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank amylynnre
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I really don't know why this HOTEL was given a rating of 2 STARS. I give it 5 STARS. I loved my stay. I loved my bed. I loved my room. I loved the cleanliness. I loved the hospitality. I loved that the staff looked out for my family. THERE WERE NO BED BUGS. I SLEPT PEACEFULLY. I loved the service and price. I now know its not always what your hear about a hotel but seeing it for yourself is better. THANK YOU REGINA, YOU ARE AN 5 STAR FOR MY FAMILY. BREAKFAST WAS HMMMM GOOD.

Room Tip: No room tips...just as fabulous as the waffle are a high commodity, invest in two. Thank you
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank ANNIS H
Salmiyah, Kuwait
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

I was here july24-july27. I had an issue with a guest that was in the rm beside me and the night auditor was very proficient in her duties and the issue was resolved immediately. They have very pleasant staff that displayed great customer service. Housekeeping was good and trustworthy they kept the room clean and restocked everyday plus none of my belongings were missing.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Alisia B
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 21 July 2013

another good experience at Sleep Inn. this one in Stockbridge, Georgia(approx. 15 minutes south of downtown Atlanta, off I-75). especially at $59.00 for a non-smoking king bed, this hotel is clean, quiet, with a professional staff. when i travel with girlfriend, i am alittle more particular about hotels, and the Sleep Inn's have been hard to beat. the bathroom(totally separate room) was very roomy, and clean. nice mid-size hd tv. comfortable bed. a/c worked well. the hot breakfast was already eaten by the time we got there at 9am, but the coffee, fruit and yogurt was enough for us. would stay here again, without hesitation.

Room Tip: vending and ice is only on 1st floor, so get room on 1st floor, if this a consideration for u.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Fast check in, great breakfast, nice employees. The room is really nice and clean. The only thing is that the bath counter is in the bathroom. Sometimes that is a problem when 4 people are sharing the same room.

Room Tip: There is an elevator. Don't need to worry about requesting 1st floor unless you prefer that.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Metropolis, Illinois
Reviewed 22 June 2013

The hotel was crammed between two lower value hotels. They seemed to share parking so it was difficult to find a spot. The lobby was clean and welcoming, but the rooms were less than expected. It did look as if the bathroom had been updated with new tile and fixtures, but there was only half a roll of toilet paper for 4 people to use, and it was sitting on the back of the toilet. There was a spare roll on the sink counter, but wasn't in the package. Seemed it was too much effort for the maid to put the rolls on the holder. They didn't have a trash can in the bathroom (seems like the most likely place for one), but there was one by the desk.
The beds were comfortable. The sheets and bed spread were dingy and gross looking. The bed spread was wearing thin in some places you could see through it. Our non-smoking room was very hot when we came in and smelled like smoke, (this may have just been because it was stuffy).
All in all I have had a better room at other hotels for $70. We will NOT be staying here again if passing this way.

• Stayed June 2013