“Disappointing”

Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Reviewed 8 June 2014

When we got off the elevator, the first thing that I noticed was how muggy it was. I'm not entirely sure that the air conditioner that covers the hallway was even working. Once we got into the room, it was obvious that it needed work. There was a cat5 cable hanging from an outlet down to the baseboard. The bathroom sink had obviously had an issue in the past that when it was repaired, they didn't properly clean the front facing of the sink. The bathroom itself looked like they had painted it to cover up issues, and hadn't even put much effort into it. The internet access was difficult to connect to, and once we got it working, worked for roughly an hour. After that, we had no access from that point on. However, it was relatively clean and average priced. We chose this one because the outside looked very nice. Not a wise decision on our part. I definitely wouldn't recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ray D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We would like to thank you for giving us a review. As you can see by some of the reviews before yours, we take great pride in this property and the guests that come to visit. I'm so sorry that the room you were assigned did not meet with your expectations. Therefore I would like to invite you back to the hotel for a FREE night of your choosing. Just simply call me (Ray) and make your arrangements. I will not make excueses for the room you were given only to say that we were busy and tried to use every last room we had. Many thanks to you and your family for visiting us and I sure hope you will give us another try and let us know how we did.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Like the review before me, the service was outstanding. The gentleman at the front desk, Ray, was always there with a smile and able to help and accommodate with whatever I needed... Michael was also very nice. The room was very clean and affordable... The room accommodated everything I needed and was a good size .The pool just opened the week that I came so that was very nice and clean...
I would highly recommend this hotel for either a couple days or a long stay ..... I will be back when I'm back in this area

• Stayed: May 2014
Ray D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thanks for all the kind words, I know the staff works hard each and every day to make sure your stay is the best we can offer. Please call me personally and make your next reservation. Wondering if you might benifit from our RediCard program were you get 10 points for every dollor you spend renting with RRI. We are now running a 2 for 1 promotion where you stay 2 different times and earn enough points for a FREE stay. Check it out and register at redroof.com
Thanks again for all your thoughts on our hotel. I will make sure and pass this own to the staff.
Happy Travels!

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at other Red Roof Inns and once again we were very happy. The location is conviently located just off the highway, has nearby restaurants, is very clean, has affordable prices and does NOT have restrictions on size or breed of dog overall a great place to stay! We would stay over again. Thanks y'all great job!!

• Stayed: April 2014
Ray D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words. We take a lot of pride in this Red Roof Inn Hotel. I will make sure and let the staff know of your comments. Thank you so much for letting us know how we are doing. We do love our pets that stay with us. I love giving out treats at the front desk when they come to visit me. We look forward to your next visit here in Stockbridge, GA and at the Red Roof Inn Atlanta/Southeast.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

This Inn is very dog friendly. No questions asked, your dog is welcome. The desk attendant even had treats for dogs as they entered the lobby. This Red Roof Inn has been renovated and looks great. Rooms are good, bathrooms are average. No complaints. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Ray D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay with us. YES, we are pet friendly but the treats on the Front Desk are just something I do for the Dog Show that is in town this weekend. We take great pride in the comfort and joy of not just our 2 legged guests, but our 4 leggeded one's too. Have a great day and stay safe.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

First let me say something about the staff, they represent the reason why I continue to return to this hotel. It is important to me, the way the staff treats me and my dog. I love the hotel staff. Then they have gone and renovated the hotel with new flat screen tv's and new furniture and all. It is just a home away from home for me. I will not go anywhere else but Red Roof Hotel in Stockbridge area. Thank you all for the wonderful service.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Ray D, Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you so much for your review of Red Roof Stockbridge. We do take alot of pride in the hotel and getting reviews like yours lets us know it's working. We look forward to your next visit and hope all is well. Thank you again for your review of the hotel.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Based upon the close proximity to the highways, I was very surprised that this location was so clean and is one of the Red Roof properties that has been nicely updated. The Stockbridge location has a very nice remodeled lobby area and they do offer continental breakfast. The front desk staff was knowledgeable and glad to assist with any questions. Be aware that this property is located very closely behind a Race Trac gas station so there is a fair amount of foot traffic.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Ray D, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Wow, Thank you for all the kind words concerning the hotel and staff. We work so hard each and every day to assure you have the stay/visit that you deserve. The staff and I would like to thank you for your visit and comments. Looking forward to your next visit to Stockbridge, GA

Ray

Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Super Awesome Hotel!! Very clean and well kept. I can not say enough about the GREAT STAFF just a wonderful place to stay, they make you feel welcome and like part of the family. We come to Atlanta often and would never think of staying anywhere else.
Dawn R.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Ray D, Guest Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn Atlanta Southeast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel and staff. I'm printing this out for them to see. We have worked hard on this property to make it a place you and your family can call home when you are in town. The staff and I are vary pleased you have noticed all the changes we have worked so hard on. We can't wait to see you again. Thank you!