Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75
US$172
US$138
US$108
US$102
All reviewsburger theoryfront deskhotel restaurantanniversary partykaraoke nightburger restaurantsales managernext morningfamily reunionindoor poolcustomer servicerecommend this hotelthe young ladyking suitea great place to staywell taken careparking lot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I travel a great deal with work and my stay at this location was over a month. Everyone has been extremely friendly and it is clean and quiet in the suites (which are the corner rooms). I have eaten at the restaurant for breakfast many times and depending on your plan the buffet may be included. The cook makes the eggs to order and there is bacon and sausage on the buffet daily instead of the standard continental cold breakfasts we see at many hotels. I have to give a shout out to Kim in the dining room each morning as she assisted me almost daily and was always pleasant and helpful.

I had dinner a couple of times in the restaurant and as one reviewer mentioned the service may not be really quick if there is a large number of people at once but the experiences I had were positive. The food was good. I also ordered to go several times and saved money over having room service with the 18% plus any tip you want to add.

The management were very nice and went out of their way to ensure everyone in my group had a positive experience. I recommend this location if you are staying in the area on the way to Atlanta or Florida especially.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Jason G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear loribledsoe,

Thank you for taking the time to write such great comments about your recent stay! Our employees always appreciate positive feedback because makes them aware that guests take note of their hard work. Kim from the restaurant was especially appreciative to hear about your shot out to her specifically. Hopefully, if you are ever in the Atlanta area again you will stop by and visit.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

The hotel was great...clean, comfortable beds, large rooms. However, in the restaurant this poor lady was on her own to service 6 tables along with room service until her boss arrived (when dinner was over). Try to eat at another restaurant if you only see 1 person.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Jason G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

Dear Lindsey D,

Thank you for your recent comments about the Holiday Inn and Suites Stockbridge! I do apologize for the lack of service in the restaurant and any inconvenience it may have caused you. Just to let you know in the last 2 weeks we have been able to fully staff the restaurant, so incidents like yours can be avoided in the future. I hope you will stay with us again, so you will be able to see our newest members to the waitstaff, as they are great. Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, as we value our guest's comments.

Jason G
Guest Services

Reviewed 29 March 2013 via mobile

It was a clean and beautiful hotel. The beds were comfy and the bathroom was spacious. Easy parking and fast elevators. It was a full hotel but it was quiet as a mouse. Will definitely stay again when passing through!

• Stayed: March 2013
Jason G, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2013

Dear xJessxOakleyx,

Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful comments about our hotel. I have posted your comments on our employee board, so they know that our guest do take notice of all their hard work. We look forward to having you as guest in the future.

Jason G

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stockbridge is about the half way point in our trip, and after some traffic delays and enough hours on the road, decided to exit here. The Holiday Inn Express is conveniently off of I-75. The hotel is clean and beautiful. I am told it is five years old but looks brand new. I asked for a rate, and were discounts available such as AAA, AARP, etc. I was quoted $119 and needed to show a membership card. This sounded a little high, but I OK'ed it. The membership card needed to be retrieved from the car - so the desk person said "let's not worry about it, here's the $119 rate".

A little later, I went on to the HIE website, and found there is an un-discounted, every day rate of $99 available. An attempt to speak to a manager failed, as one would not be in until two days later. A Guest Services person explained that the price on the internet is going to be different than what they offer at the front desk. However, in the absence of a manager, she reduced our rate to $99. Imagine - I originally was asked for AAA or AARP ID to qualify for a $119 rate. How high can it go?

We had dinner here, and found it delightful and a good value. The server, June, did an excellent job. Breakfast the next morning, was outstanding.

The beds and pillows are first class. There is a refrig, microwave, coffeemaker, and the room was exceptionally clean. We could not get the in-room heat control to work, however. It was very cold that evening, we were cold, and tried to set the thermostat up one degree from the current temp. Nothing happened. An hour later, tried to bump it up two degrees higher. Nothing. Called for help, and were shown that turning it up to the 80's would let the heat kick on until it got far too warm. Setting it back to a normal temp meant that very quickly the old room temp returned. So - we got extra blankets.

I did not sleep well, partly because of the pricing incident. Also partly due to people in an adjacent room or rooms talking - a lot and loud, starting at 5 am. The room got cooler overnight, and I did not hear or feel the heating unit come on. At 6 am, there were two clicking sounds from the heating unit. Then, at 6:07 am, heat arrived and the unit stayed on for exactly 17 minutes - and reached the plus-one degree we tried to set the prior evening. It was now warm enough to get up and shower, dress, etc. It seems from this that room temps are controlled centrally. If this is so, in addition to checking on the internet for the best rate, perhaps we must now ask what temp they will allow.

Back to the pricing. I have walked in to other hotel brands, particularly Marriott-family hotels, and have NEVER had this experience. Perhaps you are reading this in advance of a stay and won't get trapped by this pricing policy be cause you are shopping for price up-front, and know your exact destination or stopover. Do keep in mind that there are many other hotel options at this exit, and even more just ten miles away at the McDonough exit.

It is hard to assign the TripAdvisor rating categories for this stay. Because of the pricing management and (lack of) heating and adjacent room noises - just count me out on this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FLandOhDannyBoy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta I-75, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2013

Dear FLandOhDannyBoy,

We are very thankful to receive such detailed review. It is good to know that you found our location and experience during breakfast and dinner to be convenient for your needs. However, I would like to apologize for the issues encountered with the room accommodations and pricing. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. I have taken note of your comments and we will use them to improve our efforts.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 January 2013

The Holiday Inn & Suites Stockbridge/Atlanta has a great location for those who want to avoid the traffic of Atlanta. We decided to stay there for the night, on our way back from Florida. WE avoided the evening traffic of downtown, and as we left early morning next day, the traffic was still mild. It worked great.
The Hotel is more than I expected. Extremely comfortable and clean. Courteous staff at the reception. The Hotel feels new and fresh. It is a nice place to stay for days, not only only night. would stay again and recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family