“Book online or you will NOT get any Wyndham Points”

Days Inn & Suites Stockbridge South Atlanta
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Stockbridge
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were a walk-in to this hotel. The highway traffic was so bad south of Atlanta during rush hour on a friday, we threw in the towel. We intended on making it to Macon, but never made it. We stayed here in March. We went to the front desk, and asked if there were any AAA or Government rates available. The front desk clerk said that the rate he would give us is the lowest rate offer, and no coupons or specials would be needed.

I contacted Wyndham Rewards, and was told this... "Hotel stays associated with non-qualifying rate plans are not eligible for credit to your Wyndham Rewards account. Please book your reservations with our Member Services or on our website to be sure to get a qualifying rate. The hotel can offer discount rates that do not earn credit for your stay."

The bottom line is this. The hotel is affiliated with Wyndham Rewards, and they DO have varying rates available online. These rates vary from the "best available rate," "pay now get 500 points," and "best rate plus 1,000 points."

Thus, I was very disappointed I did not receive any points or was credit with a qualifying stay at this hotel. Lesson learned. Next time, even if I am a walk-in to a hotel, book the hotel online!

I have previously booked rooms to a hotel, while in the parking lot! I have also previously booked rooms to a hotel, while in the hotel lobby! Why? Because if you have membership to a hotel brand, your personal information is linked to a hotel stay. Also online, you see what prices are available, what types of rooms are available, what size beds are available, the special points available (if applicable), and if any special rates are available.

In regards to the hotel room. It is close to the interstate, and there are several restaurants nearby. We had dinner across the street at Stevi B's Pizza (see my review on tripadvisor). The rooms were nothing special. It's an ok stay for one evening. I did not locate any bed bugs either.

There were several semi trucks (without trailers) parked throughout the hotel as well. It's a busy location, with heavy traffic nearby. I stay at hotels over 25-30 days a year, so I know exactly what to expect at these types of hotels (Days Inn, Microtel, Super 8, etc.) Whoever reads this review, remember what I said, and BOOK YOUR HOTEL ROOM ONLINE!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
daysinn1719, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Stockbridge South Atlanta, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

thank you for comments of your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry that you didn't get credited for your stay with wyndham rewards. please e-mail me your wyndham rewards number with date of your stay and i'll credit your account for the stay. my e-mail is daysinn7385@gmail.com.
once again I apologize for this mistake.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for the night on the way down to Savannah. We got a king size suite for a decent price. You get what you pay for... Friendly staff but dirty rooms. My baby's knees were black from crawling on the floor. Cigarette burns on blankets, no extra pillows or blankets were available for the pull out sofa bed, and wifi was terrible. It wasn't terrible for one night, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Really pathetic. From the street the exterior of the building looked pretty good. When we pulled up to register, I noticed that all the flowers had been pulled out and nothing remained but weeds. There was no mulch around the shrubs, but again there were weeds.
Check-in went off without a hitch. In the room was another world. First the sofa-bed was broke and you couldn't sit on it. the toilet was barely fastened to the floor. Once I turned on the light by the bed the only was to shut it off was to unscrew the bulb. The bottom of the tub looked as though something had been glued to it and then taken off. It appeared to have black adhesive all over the surface. Besides having a very small pool, it was dirty-both floor and on top. Neither the drinking fountain or the shower worked. Fortunately we only wanted a place to sleep that night. Upon checking out I told the desk clerk about the sofa-bed and she seemed to be genuinely concerned about it , but surely some of these other had been brought to the managers attention before. I will never find out if anything gets fixed because I won't be staying here again!

Room Tip: Not possible
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Thank Aaron.saia K
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Reviewed 17 April 2014

this location is independently owned the rooms are not up to date there was plaster on the walls the lighting was very poor the air did not cool the entire room I was going to stay over night but once I saw the room I changed my mind.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple