“Awesome Laser Show”

Stone Mountain Park
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Stone Mountain Park is Georgia's most visited attraction, drawing nearly 4 million guests each year. With over 3,200 acres of natural beauty, the Park is a unique and fun destination where families and friends can enjoy the outdoors together, while experiencing an exciting variety of attractions, entertainment and recreation. It's home to the worlds largest LaserShow Spectacular, tons of attractions, two championship golf courses, a campground and two Mariott hotels.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in Georgia on vacation visiting friends and they took us to Stone Mountain to see the laser show and it was Awesome!!! What a treat, never seen anything like this before and I have to say Georgia is very respectful of their state's history. It was a great show and something I will never forget.

There are newer reviews for Stone Mountain Park

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I visited Stone Mountain Park alone - seen everything I needed to see in less then 3 hours. The staff at the park were all very nice - the skyride was neat, but that's about it. If you have family, children then I would take them and spend the day. I have travelled around the word and this just didn't do it for me. Stayed at the Mountain Inn - bare in mind - check-in time is 4:00 PM..only breakfast served - very outdated. If you do go - drive around the lake/park - it is beautiful and well kept.

1  Thank WILLIAM A
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This place is amazing! I would suggest to just plan a whole day for the family to go! There's so much to do! Either pack a cooler with drinks and lunch or buy it there. They have a great view at the top of the mountain. Kids love it and the Train ride around it! The fireworks show is always great, just make sure you out down a blanket and your chairs where you want to sit before you head out on all the activities. That way when you get done your sit will already be there waiting!

2  Thank Heather B
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We bought the mountain members PLUS memeberships. $100 a piece. Times four plus $20 parking, which is stupid should be included at this price. We live close so we tought this would be sonething we could do with the kids. Well it had turned into nothing but a tourist trap. The restaurants suck and the food had small proportions and so overpriced. They took out miss Katie's and put in a worse restaurant with even worse service. Not to mention it's always dirty. With the prices that charge they should give members a bigger break on items and food. I so wished I could get a refund for my passes. The attraction are the same, like the 4d movie. They have been running the same one for years. They need to change it up a bit.

3  Thank Dmf52190
Christine C, Public Relations Coordinator at Stone Mountain Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. We are very sorry that you have not had a positive experience as a Mountain Member. Could you please provide contact information so that we may reach out to you to learn more.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Excellent place to visit. The views from top of the mountain were spectacular! The ride up to the top of the mountain was great with the views of Atlanta nearby. Highly recommend visiting this place when your in the Atlanta metro area. Gift shop prices were reasonable for souvenirs. Unfortunately, the day we visited after Easter, the food cafes and some of the other attractions were closed. Ended up at the nearby Stone Mountain Golf Course for lunch, which was kind of pricey.