“Best weekend getaway we have had in a long time!”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Inman, SC
“Best weekend getaway we have had in a long time!”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

From the moment we arrived until we checked out we were treated great by everyone there! It was in the 80s so we were able to enjoy the outdoor pool with a waiter who served our whole family drinks at reasonable prices. The breakfast included in our package was more than we expected, with so much to choose from and a nice setting with a view. We want to visit again soon!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank candgsmommy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Buford, Georgia
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was my first visit to their spa and I wasn't sure what to expect. My son had given me a gift certificate for Valentine's Day and I found out it was for a therapeutic massage and pedicure. My brain was not sure about the massage as I had never has one before. It was such a wonderful time and I was pampered for almost 2 hours. From the moment I walked in, I was the.most important person in the resort. Amanda, my massage therapist, was absolutely the best and I will definitely go back. Thanks so much for such a wonderful day

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Georgia
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I just want to thank Veronica at the front desk for such a good time. She made me and my husbands 10th wedding anniversary one to remember. She upgraded our standard suite to a huge suite fit for a king and queen. She went even further by having cheese,crackers and drinks delivered to our suite. It's people like Veronica who makes this world a great place to live in and also makes Marriott Evergreen our favorite staycation. Thank you Veronica for your wonderful hospitality!!

Room Tip: We love to ask for the higher floors that over look the lake.
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Me and my husband were invited to a wedding reception this weekend to the Evergreen Marriott inside Stone Mountain Park. The reception was excellent in taste. The staff was perfect and very nice. This place is one of the best keep secret in the Atlanta.

Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Stayed here last week for one night while on business. Unfortunately, we arrived quite late and had to leave first thing after breakfast. The area surrounding the hotel is beautiful and I wish I'd had time to go for a walk around the lake or see the carvings on Stone Mountain.
The hotel was about 1 hour from the airport by a shuttle.
Check-in and out was quick and easy. The room was large and looked out over the swimming pool area. There was some music playing quite loudly when it was time for bed, but I called the front desk and they turned it down which was nice.

The buffet breakfast offered is expansive and they have an omelete station. No complaints.

Overall, a great stay and probably somewhere I'd come back to on a holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
LaFayette, Georgia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I just returned from a weekend at Evergreen Marriott and it was absolutely fabulous! I booked the "Romancing the Stone Package" as an anniversary surprise. The lovely ladies at the front desk were able to upgrade our room when they heard it was our anniversary weekend and WOW what an upgrade it was! The staff were all very friendly, kind, and helpful. The services were beyond reproach. Our package included dinner for two in the Waterside restaurant, a couples massage, champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries, and breakfast for two in the Waterside restaurant. I cannot say enough wonderful things about this resort!

Room Tip: Great for Romance or for Families!
2 Thank BeachGirl30728
Mobile
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Usually any resort ran by Marriott has outstanding service and standards. This was a nightmare. We stayed here March 3 passing thru to another destination. First, it took forever to get a bellhop to help with bags. An “Access Hollywood” dance contest ran until midnight. Noise and dancers everywhere. We had to stay again on 7th because had already paid and non-refundable.

Rooms are small, dirty, hair in corner of bathrooms. Pink mold on tile in bathroom. Toilet paper holder fell off. Then I have to assume the itching and red bite marks are bed bugs. Our sliding glass door had screw to replace the lock catch mechanism. Beds not comfortable we woke up with back and neck aches.

Food is disgusting. Warning one "restaurant" is actually buffet only. The other restaurant is a bar with loud music. The night of third, we could not be waited on even after waiting 30 minutes to get a seat, probably only 15 tables total. We literally got up and left table as our 2 year old was starving and were forced to eat buffet.

We ate at the bar on the seventh. I ordered pot stickers, which arrived cold, still frozen in middle. I had to ask the bartender for silverware and napkins. The only redeeming feature in this hotel is that there is a Starbucks. The surroundings are pretty but in the middle of dangerous neighborhoods. We did not feel safe to venture out to find optional food establishments

Room Tip: There can't be any good rooms. A good room would not make up for terrible food and service.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Stone Mountain Manor
#4 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Buckhead
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!