“Great location in Stone Mountain Park”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Richmond, Virginia
“Great location in Stone Mountain Park”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The location of this hotel is terrific. Nestled right up to the mountain with a lake, lots of trees and nature, sitting on the back deck and taking it all in can be a very relaxing experience. But the hotel itself is relatively average. The place is clean, but the food is average. The staff is all very friendly and helpful, but the hotel just lacks a first class resort hotel atmosphere. My room and all the public areas were clean and the bed was comfortable, so I had no real issues at the hotel. I just expected more from such a large resort in such a great location. The fitness center was only slightly better than the average hotel with just a few pieces of cardio equipment and a selection of dumbbells. Again, I expected more from a resort caliber hotel. I have no problems recommending the hotel, especially due to the great location and the fact that everything was clean.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Biloxi
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

This resort provided me and my friend a most enjoyable weekend getaway! Each staff member - from check in, to room service, to concierge - were at the top of their game; I believe it will be hard to find another resort that rivals the hospitality on display here at the Evergreen.

The room was clean, large, and spacious. The shower was excellent and the bathroom well lit. The bed was comfortable. The Lake view room with balcony was an excellent way to catch the sunrise without having to brave the elements!

Each meal ordered through room service, whether breakfast or supper, was delivered in a timely fashion and was as tasty a meal as you'd find anywhere.

The lobby was beautifully appointed, with a fireplace that welcomed you back each night after a long day exploring the area. Four pool-side fire pits burned each night and added to the ambience.

The fitness center was well equipped, and 3 trail heads next to the hotel parking area offered an outdoor alternative to staying on track with your fitness program.

I highly recommend this resort and will not hesitate to stay again the next time I visit Atlanta.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
aiken
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Got the breakfast package. Kids under 10 age free. Best hotel breakfast ever. Food never looked dry or as though it had been sitting forever. Enough variety that anyone should be able to find something they liked. Staff in breakfast area was very friendly and helpful.

Resort is beautiful. Our two rooms were clean. Beds were comfortable. We were surprised it didn't have a microwave, but we understand that when traveling, we aren't going to get all the "conveniences" from home. You do have to pay for internet, but while on vacation we try to do without it anyway. I have been in many hotels that offer it free, but it is almost impossible to get on, so this wasn't a big issue for us. Cell phones worked so we didn't have a problem.

Sports cafe and food was delicious. Staff very friendly.

Grounds were beautiful. Indoor pool was heated. Children really enjoyed it.

Something, we rarely do because we never have great success is order room service. However, we ate a late lunch in the Sports Cafe, so around 8, we were hungry and decided to order room service. Children didn't like the chicken tenders (very dry) although they were great in the sports bar earlier. Several of us got pizza - can't say it was bad, just wasn't what we were use to - didn't seem to have a tomato sauce on it. I didn't include room service in my rating because we actually rarely like room service food.

We had a great time and felt that everything exceeded our expectations and we will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This hotel was lovely, and we had a nice stay here. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the balcony views are beautiful. We enjoyed the heated pool and hot tubs, and the friendly staff at the cafes. We made a special request (a microwave delivered to the room), and it took awhile for it to arrive... so you may want to account for some extra time if you need anything. Everyone was super nice, though, and we will definitely go back the next time we want to get away!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 January 2014

What a wonderful place to stay and not have to travel more than 15 miles. I live in town so this was a nice staycation for us. The service was great from the start as checkin was very easy. We pulled up to the door and the guys immediately took our bags. Valet parking is free but I preferred to park my own car. I forgot my paperwork for the friends and family rate but was able to easily go to the business center and print it out. Checkin is normally 4pm; however I called at 8:30am that same day and requested early checkin. They said the room would be ready at 10:30am so I THRILLED. My friend and I got to the room early to bring our bags and fill the room with a bunch of goodies and snacks for the girls ahead of time. This visit was a surprise overnight stay for them before they returned to school that Monday. We were able to checkin early, enjoy lunch, then head up to Snow Mountain for an afternoon of fun.

The hotel lobby was very nice and as you get off the elevators to go to your room, they have very nice sitting areas for people that may be visiting you. The room was very standard, no frills but very clean (except for the hair in the tub) for the most part. There was a small bottle of Jack left under our bed though.. (very odd) which made me think the staff didn't thoroughly clean our room. Ok, so I am still not judging.

We got a room with two doubles. Is it me or are there no hotels with two queens anymore. The beds were ok but small. We knew what we were getting so we really can't complain there. Unfortunately internet is not free and the wireless on your phone doesn't work so well in the hotel.

The girls absolutely loved the hotel and I agree with another reviewer that they have some of the best breakfast around! Full buffet, made to order omlets that are delicious! Meat, potatoes, waffles, pancakes, fresh fruit, OJ, everything was ohhhh so good. Our waitress Aida was from Europe and she tooks such good care of us. We didn't have the breakfast package but because our tiny girls barely ate anything, she got her manager to make some adjustments to their price. Breakfast isn't cheap though. $16.99 for adults and $9.95 for kids. I would do it again though!

Room Tip: We had a lake view which was nice that day but the next day was so foggy you couldn't see much...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Loved it here! me and my husband stayed here for 3 nights and got the spa package that included breakfast and dinner and it was sooo worth it! The ladies in the spa were awesome!! Would go back just for massage! The hotel was very nice, had a problem getting the strawberries and champagne but they made up for it by far! All the employess we had contact with were all very nice and helpful. Breakfast was amazing and the dinners were not bad either. :-) The weather was not great when we were there so could not do a lot of outside activities but we will for sure be going back soon. Best of both worlds, great family place if you have kids or just to go for couples to relax and enjoy the scenery.

Room Tip: I think we were on the 5th floor on the corner, had a balcony with a nice view. Nice large room with...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 13 January 2014

The interior of the hotel was nice, the scenery and location relative to Stone Mountain was fantastic, but the amenities and romms were average. The bathrooms and carpet were not to Marriott standards, and if you are going to be there for sometime the food selection quickly runs out. I did have a great time in the Sports Bar. The staff and enviroment were great, and we were able to eat a good meal while the kids were playing pool.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Stone Mountain Manor
#4 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Downtown
Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!