“THIS IS WHERE MARRIOTT SHINES!!”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
“THIS IS WHERE MARRIOTT SHINES!!”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I Brought My Family Here The Past Friday For Fathers Day Weekend For My Dad Too Enjoy and Boy where do I start First when you arrive the hotel has a beautiful view of stone mountain. Then you walk in too like a Cabin themed almost lobby and I instantly Flew In Love. The Staff Was Awesome!! Dino,Billy, and Veronica to name a few. They Brought a Smile Back to my Family I haven't seen In a While and Can't wait to be back!! The Rooms Were very clean and beautiful so many things to do at the hotel. It's impossible to do everything in one day so that's why I have to go back! I LOVE EVERGREEN Keep Up The Great Work GUYS!!!!! :)

Room Tip: When Staying Here Choose The 4th Floor Cause it's closer to the Restaurant and Gift Shop and Fro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Darrius P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I have never heard of Stone Mountain before looking at the Marriott website for Atlanta hotels to stay at. When I did my research on Stone Mountain and the Evergreen resort, I knew this was something we had to see on our way moving north before we finally let the south for a while.

When we pulled into the park, we had no idea how large Stone Mountain was and how spread out everything was. When we got to the initial entrance to the hotel, we were greeted by a deer staring at us next to the Evergreen sign. That was pleasant considering we don't see much nature where we came from.

We walked into the lobby and the valet greeted us and was attentive to our needs. Basil checked us in and he was extremely professional and also attentive to what our needs were as well. He went above and beyond as well at check in and he even comped our internet access for the night.
The room was very clean, well decorated and very spacious for a studio. The beds were very comfortable as well and we very much enjoyed the view of the lake and the surrounding trees as well.

The only real negatives I have which aren't that bad are the prices for the breakfast buffet (which we ended up going to the Stone Mountain inn for a cheaper, nice breakfast buffet) and the fact that the property isn't within walking distance of Stone Mountain (which we didn't realize initially but wasnt that much of an inconvenience anyway because the resort provides complimentary shuttle services there regularly).

All in all, if you happen to be in the Atlanta area, I would recommend this resort. A classy hotel in a beautiful nature setting.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel. The staff was tremendously helpful and kind. Every person I passed in hallways or conference area that worked for the hotel always said hello or asked how things were. The food and snacks provided were outstanding. The pool was much more crowded than I expected, but the bar provided a great place for respite. Clean workout room with a TV!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Me & fiance booked a romance package on Valentines day. They charged our credit card but when we arrived they told us only double beds were available. Who wants a romance package with double beds??? We were so tired that we took it. What was suppose to be a romantic night turned into a hassle because it took an hour and a half for our champagne to arrive to our room in addition it wasn't lakeside view. That morning we complained to a manager. She had such a nasty attitude and kept arguing with us. We complained to corporate and received a voucher for a free night. A couple months later we got married. We booked a king size room on our wedding night. When we arrived they told us they sold our room and only double beds were available. I walked in there with my wedding dress and they had no compassion for us. We slept on separate beds on our wedding night because they screwed up once again. We will never go back here again! It is expensive for no reason. The staff is useless and the manager is unprofessional. These are the worst experiences we have ever had! Never again!

Room Tip: Make sure you triple check that they will not sell your room.
Green Features: The hotel is phony and can't do anything to resolve your issue at the time of arrival. You will have to complain to corporate if you want anything done.
4 Thank Vee S
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Vee S.

We are so sorry to hear about your experience especially on your wedding night. We would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to me directly at the hotel at your convenience.
Again, please accept our apologies.

regards,

Silvia
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I and my family spent the weekend at the resort and had one of the best times of our lives. The atmosphere was so relaxing and peaceful. All of the staff that I encountered were top notch. Following, are the staff that stood out: Marvin, the front desk clerk, JR and Tom, the bell men, Liston, the asst. mgr., and last but definitely not least, Aida, the restaurant waitress. As I stated before, I had one of the best feel good experiences of my life being at the Evergreen Resort and will be returning.

Room Tip: I and my family has lakeview rooms which we thoroughly enjoyed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and friends spent the weekend at this resort at Stone Mountain recently. We both had checked in with the app prior to arrival and were able to get our room many hours before standard check in time. The only glitch was the computer system locked up and the family in front of us had to wait for what seemed like an eternity to get their keys programmed. We had to wait because the system would not allow them to check us in either. Once the system was working we were greeted as Elite Marriott travelers, which we are. The lady was very pleasant and apologized for the issues. She also made sure that she knew we had special requests on our profile for our room and mentioned these as well to verify.
That evening we decided to eat elsewhere. The concierge was very helpful in suggesting a restaurant.
The pool ha s a tiki bar and outdoor grill. The food is fast but tasty. My husband had the hotdog each day and my friend and I had a salad each day.
The main restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet however the smaller coffee shop has a very good and much less expensive breakfast. This was perfect for us since none of us could eat the huge buffet.
The guys played golf and had an fine time, no complaints. My friend and I had a spa morning which was well priced for the massage and full pedi. They were very accommodating to my whimsical toenail art...
The high light was late the last night I was a little hungry and really wanted a cheese plate. I asked the manager of the sports pub and he said they did not have one but he would see what he could do. About 20 minutes later Labinot Dema came back with a wonderful plate of different cheeses which he gave to us gratis. His service put the weekend over the top, we really appreciated it...and tried like heck to pay too...he was very pleased to be able to service us.
If looking for a nice getaway don't miss this resport!

Room Tip: Beware of rooms overlooking the lake. The view is nice but the mosquitos are bad...they will swarm y...
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If you live in Atlanta this would be a great option for a staycation. The property was beautiful and had an awesome outdoor space and pool. I would also recommend for business meetings. The facility has been updated and kept in top shape.

Room Tip: Try to get a pool view room!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Stone Mountain Manor
#4 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Buckhead
Grand Hyatt Atlanta in Buckhead

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!