“Comfortable room, beautiful setting”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Comfortable room, beautiful setting”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here for a weekend conference and thoroughly enjoyed the comfort of the room, the helpful staff, and cleanliness of the facility. My room had a convenient pull out table underneath the desk, which made working on the computer easy and comfortable. The bed was luxurious, and my back did not give me any problems for the two nights I was there. I wish that I had more free time during the conference to walk and explore the grounds, since it was a beautiful setting on the lake. My room had a view of the very nice large pool and courtyard, that included a giant life size chess and checkers game. There were also fire pits burning at night by the pool, which made relaxing even easier. We'll come back to this nice resort!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I was really hopeful when I first stepped into my hotel room. The hotel itself is nice and the rooms are updated. Food was average hotel fare, and they did serve delicious fresh-squeezed orange juice with breakfast. However, if dirty hotel rooms bother you - consider yourself warned!

It was apparent when I went into the bathroom that they did not have high cleanliness standards. I am unfortunately not kidding when I say that there were brown splatters all across the tile wall by the toilet. I tried not to imagine what that could be from.

Then, when I was going to bed, something caught my eye between the nightstand and bed. I crouched down and looked under the bed, and there was a variety of trash underneath! Not just a single piece - as in, and empty bag, some paper or something, and a bag of coffee. Clearly they didn't bother to look under there very often.

Finally, when I settled into the sheets... this will sound strange, but the pillow itself reeked terribly! I could barely fall asleep it was so bad.

All in all, while the hotel was nice enough, a clean hotel room is super important to me and my room's condition would definitely keep me from coming back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LissaRose87
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear LissaRose87

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel, I am sincerely sorry we did not deliver the cleanliness standards you deserve.
I would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns if you could please contact me directly at the hotel.

Warmest regards,

Silvia
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I had a longer review but was erased by mistake. Highlights:

Cost: - Priceline negotiator $110/night
Parking $10 for visit. Wow. easy to get in/out of park
Room: clean, fresh carpet, balcony view of lake
Staff: needs to know more about park attraction.
Food: expensive...breakfast buffet $17. Yikes. but many places outside park to go to.
Internet: only free in the lobby area or if you are a Hilton Honors Elite member.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Pick one with a balcony view of the lake
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Marriot Evergreen and the stay was wonderful. I had business in Atlanta and wanted a safe, comfortable place for my wife while I was working. The Evergreen is where you want to stay. The hotel is on the lake in Stone Mountain park. it is very upscale, and the staff is the most courteous I have ever encountered. According to my wife, the ladies who work in the hotel spa are also the most professional and courteous people she has ever encountered. The hotel is very family friendly. The swimming pool has accommodations for children and two lifts for people with disabilities. I have stayed at other hotels in Atlanta but this one takes the cake. The hotel has large meeting rooms to accommodate corporate meetings. This place has it all. My compliments to the management and staff at Marriot Evergreen.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a lake view
Green Features: Excellent practice for environmentally friendly practices
1 Thank Jake1941
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I Brought My Family Here The Past Friday For Fathers Day Weekend For My Dad Too Enjoy and Boy where do I start First when you arrive the hotel has a beautiful view of stone mountain. Then you walk in too like a Cabin themed almost lobby and I instantly Flew In Love. The Staff Was Awesome!! Dino,Billy, and Veronica to name a few. They Brought a Smile Back to my Family I haven't seen In a While and Can't wait to be back!! The Rooms Were very clean and beautiful so many things to do at the hotel. It's impossible to do everything in one day so that's why I have to go back! I LOVE EVERGREEN Keep Up The Great Work GUYS!!!!! :)

Room Tip: When Staying Here Choose The 4th Floor Cause it's closer to the Restaurant and Gift Shop and Fro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Darrius P
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I have never heard of Stone Mountain before looking at the Marriott website for Atlanta hotels to stay at. When I did my research on Stone Mountain and the Evergreen resort, I knew this was something we had to see on our way moving north before we finally let the south for a while.

When we pulled into the park, we had no idea how large Stone Mountain was and how spread out everything was. When we got to the initial entrance to the hotel, we were greeted by a deer staring at us next to the Evergreen sign. That was pleasant considering we don't see much nature where we came from.

We walked into the lobby and the valet greeted us and was attentive to our needs. Basil checked us in and he was extremely professional and also attentive to what our needs were as well. He went above and beyond as well at check in and he even comped our internet access for the night.
The room was very clean, well decorated and very spacious for a studio. The beds were very comfortable as well and we very much enjoyed the view of the lake and the surrounding trees as well.

The only real negatives I have which aren't that bad are the prices for the breakfast buffet (which we ended up going to the Stone Mountain inn for a cheaper, nice breakfast buffet) and the fact that the property isn't within walking distance of Stone Mountain (which we didn't realize initially but wasnt that much of an inconvenience anyway because the resort provides complimentary shuttle services there regularly).

All in all, if you happen to be in the Atlanta area, I would recommend this resort. A classy hotel in a beautiful nature setting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I attended a conference at this hotel. The staff was tremendously helpful and kind. Every person I passed in hallways or conference area that worked for the hotel always said hello or asked how things were. The food and snacks provided were outstanding. The pool was much more crowded than I expected, but the bar provided a great place for respite. Clean workout room with a TV!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stone Mountain
Artmore Hotel
Artmore Hotel
#16 of 174 in Atlanta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,640 reviews

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!