“Could be better”

Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Stone Mountain
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I think the hotel is in a great location inside of stone mountain park. They offer some great things they just fall short on some as well. The staff was great from the check in people to the bell hop. The rooms are rather small for what you pay for. They offer lake view rooms at an upcharge but the one we had you could just see trees and just a little bit of the shore. The mesquites were so bad that we could not even open the door to the balcony. The restaurant is out of this world expensive for what you get. There was 2 adults and 1 child for dinner and we each had 2 drinks and the bill was $130.00 Each drink was right at $10.00 for whiskey and ginger ale. Pools are great I will give them that.

Room Tip: get a room facing the pool that would be the only one I would get
3  Thank Michael H
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Michael H

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at our resort. As we constantly search for ways to improve our options and services we truly rely and take very seriously the feedback we receive from our guests.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if your travels ever bring you to Stone Mountain again so we can customize your stay.

regards,

Silvia

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had the chance to visit Stone Mountain in March. The hotel is nicely appointed with views of Stone Mountain. The restaurants on site were nice and not over priced. We had breakfast daily and dinner one evening. The meal was nice with great service. I found the staff open to assisting with whatever we needed. Because the hotel is in the middle of the park you will find trails and covered bridges on the loop around the mountain. Unfortunately, the gift shop didn't have a wide selection of items but one can find other items at the actual location of the museum.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Counselorlady_11
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The Evergreen Marriott at Stone mountain is an amazing hotel in Stone Mountain park. This property offers everything from complimentary bicycles and nightly movies, to an amazing breakfast buffet fit for a king. You could actually spend an entire week here, and still not do all of the things that are available. The park itself suspends time but in a good way. Offering a glimpse into our history with new insights and contributions that include a tribute to all that is american. I love this place.

1  Thank sheryl d
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were very pleased with the Evergreen. Our family especially loved the pool area with "life-sized" chess and checker boards. Brought playing these games to a whole new level. The numerous fire pits around the pool area were so inviting and relaxing at night. The breakfast buffet was very diverse and had multiple offerings to make all family members happy. Very nice to get away here for a few days and be so close to the Stone Mountain Park and outdoor venues.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

The Stone Mountain area is beautiful and I was very happy with the pool and the food, but our room was on the lower level and that whole level smelled and felt like a basement. We had a little patio that should have overlooked the lake, but instead had a fence directly in front of it. It was actually a three-sided lean-to type structure with the open side facing the lake and the back facing our room. I assume it was to cover up electrical or air-conditioning equipment. There were also 3 false fire alarms in the 4 days we were there. We were left to wonder what was going on as we all gathered around the pool. No one came to tell us what was happening. The staff was friendly enough but only the restaurant staff seemed to care enough to ask if everything was satisfactory. I probably won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Sue H
Silvia R, Director of Operations at Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Sue H.

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
Please accept our very sincere apologies for the inconvenience of the fire alarms and for not communicating properly. We have shared your comments with our Security and Engineering teams and provided applicable coaching.
The Restaurant team was also extremely happy with your very kind words. We appreciate it very much.

Regards,

Silvia

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Let me start by saying that I travel extensively for work and stay at Marriott properties 99% of the time. When we decided to take our grandchildren on a weekend getaway, we chose Stone Mountain and were very pleased to find that the Evergreen Resort was actually a Marriott property. Although this resort is not new, it is one of the cleanest, well maintained properties that I have visited and the staff is second to none. I will point out one particular employee: Marvin is one of the most customer focused employees that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. From the check in experience, to helping my wife purchase snacks from the store, and everything in between. He even greeted me by name when I was checking out two days later...what a great experience he provided. We will definitely visit again very soon as a result of this experience.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed here for a weekend conference and thoroughly enjoyed the comfort of the room, the helpful staff, and cleanliness of the facility. My room had a convenient pull out table underneath the desk, which made working on the computer easy and comfortable. The bed was luxurious, and my back did not give me any problems for the two nights I was there. I wish that I had more free time during the conference to walk and explore the grounds, since it was a beautiful setting on the lake. My room had a view of the very nice large pool and courtyard, that included a giant life size chess and checkers game. There were also fire pits burning at night by the pool, which made relaxing even easier. We'll come back to this nice resort!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
#2 of 11 in Stone Mountain
Hampton Inn Atlanta/Stone Mountain
Comfort Inn & Suites at Stone Mountain
InterContinental Buckhead Atlanta

Been to Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort? Share your experiences!